“GREAT Hotel - Safe convenient, clean and welcoming”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport South
Ranked #57 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Ormond Beach
“GREAT Hotel - Safe convenient, clean and welcoming”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

While traveling a connecting flight was missed. A hotel had to be found and while at the hotel trying to reach a hotelwith a shuttle, I finally located this La Quinta. I asked for a shuttle and the driver appeared as promised with in 10 minutes. A nice, friendly man, he explained where we were, what was nearby, dining options, sightseeing and more. It was a pleasant ride to the hotel.Upon check in, a hot shower was taken and then back to the lobby for some dining choices. Never been in the area before, it was hard to choose. The shuttle driver informed me he could take me downtown (no formal charge) and drop me off andf then return. I decided to take him up on this. He explained many things to me along the way and I decided on a restaurant. I had a delicious meal and called about 10 minutes prior to being ready to leave, He promptly returned as promised, returned me to the Hotel and I informed the management what a gem this employee is. The front deak staff was also extremely helpful, pleasant and understanding. Even one there seemed the same way. The breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh and provided me with what I needed to get moving with my day. The rooms were clena, large, comfy, and the beds, so comfortable! What an awesome night sleep. There was no corridor noise either even though I was close to the elevator. The bath room was large, well lit and had hot water. The entire room was fresh and clean. There was a large flat screen TV, I had a view of the pool area, and I felt Safe staying at this location, which is another important fact to me. having chosen this property with no details, I was definately pleased. AND the price was extremely reasonable. I have stayed at much pricier locations to not have this much or a clean room. I highly recommend this property! Again KUDOS TO THE ENTIRE STAFF!!! Thanks for a great stay and being so assisting!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank foodchiky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 18, 2011

It was based on Trip Advisor tips I'd chosen this hotel for one night in Charlotte. It offered the basic a hotel this category could but my bathtube was somewhat dirty with a few short black hair. I've chosen not to say anything since it was only for one night. The staff responded well when requested. Overall I'd look for something else in Charlotte for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Orlando
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Great value with free continental breakfast, good location across from Embassy Suites, easy access to I-77 and 5 miles from I-85. Clean room, no smells. I'll Be Back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelwhenigotta
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed one night only good part was decent bed. Noise kept us up all night, drug dealer approached us in parking lot, refrigerator was filthy with previous guest food, would not walk on that carpet with bare feet, absolutely filthy. Left note for manager Vera but no response. Last La Quinta for me cancelling my Rewards card as a 26 year La Quinta customer. Go to Hampton Inn much cleaner and nice staff.

Room Tip: Do not even stop here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Greensboro
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I provided a room for a friend and her daughter as my gift for her graduation. When I booked the room I "specified" this and when my friend checked in there was no problem. I had again signed the room reservation documentation with my member # and my cell phone #. I pre-paid, for this individual, who could not afford this event unless this transaction went smoothly. It did and I am truly grateful.

Greensboro, NC

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank didgie
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have stayed at this location 3 times over the past year. On two occasions, everything was OK. On the third, we had trouble obtaining a non-smoking room. The reservation was clearly marked as "must be non-smoking" and smoke free. At check in, we re-emphasized this point. Upon entering the assigned room, there were ashtrays present and the room reaked of smoke. we called down to the desk and they assured us it was a non-smoking room. With ash trays? We finally got another room on another floor after going down to the desk and raising a stink.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stay at this LaQuinta frequently because I have to take my little dog to a veterinary specialist. It is convenient and accomodating. Seemed a little cleaner this time. The staff is always helpful and friendly. Biggest complaint this time around? It WAS noisy. At 4 a,m, there were kids out in the halls, pounding on the doors. I almost called the front desk but they quieted down after a few minutes. But...all in all, it is a pretty good place to stay in Charlotte. I will be heading back again next month.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business