All reviews residence inn full kitchen bi level suite gas grill tyvola road long term stay rewards member living area an extended stay free hot breakfast each morning short drive breakfast area comfortable stay southpark mall definitely stay here again bedroom
Reviewed September 10, 2017

We stayed here in a two room suite with my daughter, sister, nephew and mother, and we had plenty of space for the family. There was a little kitchenette, and while yes, the appliances probably need updating, everything was very neat and clean. We really enjoyed the suite space and being able to close doors when the youngest was asleep.

The hotel itself was very convenient, right next to the interstate. There were LOTS of families staying here, and everyone, staff and visitors staying, seemed very nice. Parking was a little crowded, but worked out okay anyway. Perhaps not a great place for people who need lots of perfect quiet, but wonderful for families. Lots of kids were playing ball at a small court behind the office building. I enjoyed breakfast, decent eggs and sausage, with waffles and an assortment of oatmeal and doughnuts, etc. Whole family seemed to enjoy themselves, and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017

What an awful experience, truly the worst I've ever experienced!! Got in late, moving my daughter back to college, didn't have any dinner, so grabbed a couple of snacks from their little kiosk. Went to the room, had some of popcorn, tasted terrible and stale, but it was to late, I spit it out, but didn't stop the spoiled food from making me ill. The food was 10 days past it's date on the package. I was sick much of the night and had to move my daughter into her dorm the following day. In the morning I went to the front desk, showed Ahmed the food, he gave me two dollars, and said, "It's only outdated by 7 days"!! It was ten, even the math is an issue for them, hope he doesn't often have to make change. Checked the kiosk before I left, the food was still out for sale! My wife spoke with an assistant manager, she gave us 2000 Marriot points, and said she'd pass it onto the manager, never heard back from them. I should have had an apology and a full refund! Never, ever, will I return to this Marriot!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Lashonda C, Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Thank you for allowing us to resolve the issue. We hope to better serve you if your travel ever bring you back to town.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

The residence Inn in Charlotte is ideal if you have to stay in a hotel for a long period of time. Does not offer the usual luxuries for expected amenities of many of the Marriott hotel brands deal, but when it lacks frills it makes up for him familiar already home. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, and the state was pleasant. I do think the rooms are in bad need of an upgrade however.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

I am shocked that Marriott would attach their name to this hotel! Has not been renovated in many years except for some paint on the walls. Not even charger plugs for phones or computers! The flowery smell of cleaning supplies was unpleasant and in some places overwhelming. The receptionist was not welcoming or friendly. The bathroom floor in our 2 bedroom suite was filthy. We could not wait to leave in the morning. We have been Marriott rewards members since the 70's and have NEVER stayed at such a horrible place. Very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

I love staying at Residence Inns. I've stayed in several states and have never been disappointed. Who doesn't love having their own little house/apartment for an extended stay? I stayed 4 nights at this gem, which is conveniently located near a shopping area and several places to eat.

Located towards the end of a cul-de-sac in a commercial development (car dealer, restaurants, shopping, other hotels, etc.), this "hotel" is a lot like a little apartment or town home complex.

Room had an upstairs and downstairs, full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The master bedroom had it's own bathroom and shower. The fireplace, which I didn't get to use, was a nice addition to the living area.

Also, every evening, the hotel promotes networking with free appetizers, drinks, including beer (limit 2 or 3 I believe) in the main check-in/breakfast area. They do have free wifi in rooms and mine worked fine. Free breakfast in the great room every morning, just in case you didn't prepare your own in your very own kitchen.

Bed was comfortable, A/C worked great, and from my room, I didn't really hear any road noise or other unwanted outside noise.

All staff was friendly. Check in was easy and replacing my lost key was as easy as showing an ID. There is an outside pool and first come, first served gas grill in the public area by the pool.

My only complaint is that the rooms seem to need a little touch up - they show there age in some ways. Also, there was a sock on the floor in the living room closet, which was kind of gross considering the room should have been cleaned prior to my arrival. And the worst part...the closet next to the fridge had the hot water tank in it and what looked to be a pile of dirty towels...

The bad things aside, if in the area again, this will be my FIRST choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business