“Great Staff, decent rooms”

Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #87 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Recently had an evening flight cancelled at CLT and had to spend the night unexpectedly at Residence Inn Charlotte South. They were very accommodating considering we arrived after midnight. The staff member, Michael, was awesome! He gave us toiletries since we were unable to obtain our suitcases from the airport. In the morning he was all smiles and had coffee ready for us before 6am! He also arranged transportation back to the airport.

The rooms are clean, but dated. However, they were more than adequate for the six hours we were there. Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blacknyellow
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. Although you had a quick visit with us, we are happy to hear our Front Desk staff took great care of you and that you had a great night sleep. We hope the rest of your trip went well. Best wishes!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I did not get into the host hotels for a conference. I was recommended here by the RI Uptown. It was about 5 miles from Convention Center but the travel was ok. The Lynx Train is only a few blocks from the hotel and it was an excellent mode dropping off at the doors of the Convention Center. Although an older property, it was very clean and well kept. The room was spacious, comfortable and well appointed, much more than my friends at the host hotel and I got a full breakfast every morning that was excellent. The evening reception was more like a full meal and was also very good. Only complaint was the bath/shower was small, but I am a pretty big guy. The staff from the front, to the maintenance, to the dining room were all very friendly. I would recommend this property. It was along I 77 but didn't hear traffic. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review! There were a few things that we appeciated that you pointed out. One being that although we are not located in the City Center, we are only 10 minutes from the city especially if a guest takes the LYNX Light Rail which is a few blocks away. The other comment we appreciated was your comment on how well kept and clean our property. Yes, we are not the newest property on the block but we work hard in making sure that it is well-maintained and clean. Thank you!!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our family travels often and we always try to stay in a Residence Inn when possible- we always find Residence Inn's to be clean and well-kept... sadly, this property is the exception. It's probably not fair that I submit a review as we took one look at our room and decided we were NOT staying there. Old, smelly, dark, damp, used paper products in the room... I immediately called the front desk and spoke with Kate- who is fantastic- she is the ONLY good thing about this property... she asked if we'd like to see a "newer" room- we agreed and took a look- while newer- this room was not up to Residence Inn standards either- odd smell, worn furniture, strange people milling about. Again I called Kate and explained we simply could not stay at this property- she quickly made arrangements at another Residence Inn in the area (Uptown). We "moved" to the Uptown location and were quite pleased with our room there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all, we are very sorry we didn't meet your expectations. We are an older Residence Inn and we are due for a renovation which we hope will be happening in the near future (finger's crossed). However, a smelly room is unacceptable and we have addressed your concerns to the staff. We do our best to maintain a clean hotel and we're very sorry you experienced the contrary. We're glad to hear the customer service that was provided to you was excellent. If you would like to discuss further how we can improve, please contact us.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is an older facility, but it is well maintained. The staff is what makes the place special. From the daily room freshening to the front desk, the people care about your stay and make the difference between just another blah hotel and room you look forward to coming back to at the end of a long day

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciated your comment that our staff is what makes the Residence Inn Charlottte South. Our moto is "We are Residence Inn" with the idea that the Staff is what makes our hotel what it is. We all represent it. It makes us proud that we succeeded in showing that to you. Thank you!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had a lovely 4-day stay at this Residence Inn. The 2 bedroom suite was very spacious. With the bedrooms on opposite sides of the living room area, it offered everyone lots of privacy. The suite was very clean and nicely decorated. The gas grill and picnic tables outside are a nice feature. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great! Different hot foods every day. The location of the hotel is very convenient too - very close to the airport, and only a 10-minute drive to Uptown Charlotte. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We appreciate it greatly! The Two Bedroom Suites are great for families since they are private but also offer 2 private bathrooms as well. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed one night at this Residence Inn for the first time. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful. They were so friendly. We were greeted warmly and told where everything was located.

We had a 2 bed 2 bath suite. It was great. We had a long day on the road and needed the space. Everything was clean and neat. The sofa bed mattress was thin. My young son liked it fine, but I think an adult would be uncomfortable.

I had to do a load of laundry because my son had gotten car sick. I was so happy that the laundry room was on site! I just had to walk down the hall. I also stopped a maintenance man to ask where I could get quarters, and he kindly went to the front desk with my dollars and came back with quarters. I really appreciated that! We also promptly received a couple of extra blankets which I requested.

Service with a smile all the way! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We are very happy you had a great experience and enjoyed your Two Bedroom Suite as well as the conveniences that the Residence Inn provides. More importantly, we provided warm and friendly service which we were even more happy to hear. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to see again in the near future!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our second time staying at this Residence Inn and we want to thank you for such a great week. Our room was always clean, the shower was great, the breakfast was plentiful, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. We will always recommend this Residence Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We're happy to hear you had a great week stay with us. More importantly, we're glad you keep returning. THANK YOU for your business and referring guests to us.