“Nicest staff ever”

Ranked #68 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nicest staff ever”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a well managed property. The staff has to be the nicest and most professional I have ever met at a smaller property.
* Kimberly and Kate went well beyond what was expected. I was taking a spring break with my granddaughter, the entertainment package was waiting upon my arrival.
*My check in was seamless. The gentleman who checked us in was very nice and extremely helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurants other than fast foods.
*The lodging was clean and well appointed.
*The breakfast was nice with a good variety.
I was very happy with my stay and will return. I will recommend to friends and business associates. Karen Creighton

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in a one bedroom with a full kitchen, living room with a sleeper sofa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karenc96
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We're happy you had a great stay and that our staff took good care you. That's the greatest compliment a hotel can get. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
South Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here with 3 other friends for a "girls' weekend". We chose the 2 bedroom suite. For the most part, the room was good and the fireplace was an excellent touch. The full kitchen was very helpful along with the 2 bathrooms for 4 ladies. Unfortunately, the bathrooms were filthy. In particular the one I used had dead bugs caught in spider webs on the back of the bathroom door as well as dirt in the corners. The carpet was worn at the entrance and the kitchen appliances need to be updated to compare to the other Residence Inns I've stayed at. Also the check in time took more than 20 mins. There were alot of guests checking in and 1 person was working the counter where at least 3 other employees were present but were having conversations amongst themselves. And the parking is terrible! The lot is too small for a hotel of this size. Not sure if I'll stay here again. But this property does have potential. Maybe for the next "girls' weekend" we'll spend the extra $40 or so to stay 5 miles down the road in the Southpark area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Goldwire
Columbus, Oh
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We pulled in after 9 hours on the road from Columbus, Ohio. As always we requested the top floor on the quiet side of the hotel in advance. Top floor we got. But given the closeness to I-77 all sides of the hotel had some exposure to the interstate. Oh well. That’s why we bring wave (white noise) machines. Cranked those babies up and it drowned out the sounds of trucks downshifting at 2:00 am. Our 2 bedroom suite was fine. Stove was really old and small, but we don’t use that. The gas fireplace on an auto-shutoff timer was *very* nice.

Now I will warn you. Traveling south to get to this hotel (or anywhere) through north Charlotte traffic is a nightmare! In around Mooresville, Lake Norman we took an hour to go three miles! There were no accidents! There are big signs up warning you that, in affect, “you will slow down, come to a crawl and stop. That’s just how it is here.” The locals we talked to said “Yup. It sucks. It’s that way in both directions. Trying the outer belt is no help as you still go through that mess on 77 north of it.” We avoided Charlotte like the plague driving back north.

Comfy beds, decent noise level, hot water in the showers, *excellent* staff (they humored me looking at 3 different rooms for the best noise level), OK complimentary breakfast (very small dining area though, be prepared for that). That’s all we need for a one night stop over and we were quite happy.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Always ask for the top floor (so you don't listen to basketballs bouncing above you or the like...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank UsuallyNotGrumpy
HENRICO, VIRGINIA
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My stay went well with the help of Ms. Lashonda who chatted with me and informed me of everything. From the time I picked up the telephone to make the reservations. Until the time I arrived at the hotel. Everything was great and this will be my third stay and i am always recommending other guest to stay there.
Thanks again!

Ms. Lashonda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Everything was great from the hotel staff (especially LaShonda Cannie) to the rooms and breakfast. What stood out the most was the pleasant staff and how they treated you as if you were a welcomed guest in their own homes. The accommodations were amazing, the rooms were very clean, and it felt like home. I will definitely stay at this hotel next year, it made my CIAA experience ever GREATER!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us during the CIAA 2013 Tournament and reviewing our hotel! We are so happy you had a great experience and hope to see you again next year.
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at this location and I plan to return to CIAA 2014 and will be staying at this same location. My trip was being planned a year out and the Sales Manager (LaShonda) was absolutely the BEST!!! She worked with myself and a few of my friends and each phone call was handled professionally despite the many, many, many changes that we had. Accommodations were made whenever possible!!
The 2 bedroom suite- was just "what the doctor ordered". Spacious, Separate bathroom, Nice kitchen area, dining area, living room area.
Other members of the staff were courteous; polite; and professional as well.
Many other guest were at this location and things flowed nicely, orderly, no hassles, no issues, no arguments. I was comfortable my entire stay (4 nights/5 days).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad you stayed with us during the CIAA tournament week and that your stay went well. Lashonda appreciated your comments. She worked very hard at making sure things were running seamlessly. We hope to see you and your friends again next year!
NY
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a Marriott rewards member. I love the Residence Inn brands. I stayed here with family members on a road trip. We requested late check in as we knew we would arrive around midnight, however due to traffic we arrived around three in the morning. The front desk gentlemen was not very pleasant and it took him a couple rings to answer the bell to open the outside door (good for security though) He seemed to be moody/sleepy when I asked for a simple bill request and proceeded to argue with me regarding emailing my bill and not leaving it under the door. He said he can't make any promises. He can definitely use some customer service tips. It also took longer than usual to check in, he said because the computer was upgrading so I had to wait 15 minutes.
I finally got checked in and got to our 2 bed 2 bathroom suite it was nice could use a little updating,but it was clean with a full kitchen, fireplace, 3 flat screen TV's, microwave and coffee maker. This is a perfect location right off I77. The problem began when I went to bed. The room where I was placed (#1106) is located right next to the outside door where people enter and exit the building. It was EXTREMELY loud. People began congregating outside my window at 6:30 in the morning. I got no sleep. I called the front desk and spoke to a nice lady named Katie she was sympathetic and asked if I wanted to be moved to another room which didnt make sense to me seeing that I had to check out in a couple hours and I was already dog tired. My question is why would you put someone who called ahead to tell you they are driving 12 hours coming in late and obviously tired in a room like this in the first place? I hope that the reservation/management will be more sensitive in the future with these request. Katie was very nice and pleasant totally opposite from the other gentlemen who checked me in. She offered to give a credit to my room. I checked out with my family without seeing her. I checked my bank statement a couple days ago and saw that they charged me for the full price of the room. I contacted the hotel today and spoke with the manager Lashana (I hope thats her name/spelling), she said that she got my complaint and was happy that I reached out to her. She apologized for the experience I had. She was very professional and pleasant. She also comped my room and invited me to come again. This experience was poor but I gave it two extra stars in how the manager and front desk person handled the situation. It is because of these two ladies that I would give this location another try, but definitely request a room away from the door.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the door.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a Marriott Residence Inn loyalist and staying at our hotel. We are very sorry you did not have a pleasant check-in experience with our Night Auditor. We have spoken to him concerning your experience so that it would never happen again. We're sorry you didn't get a good night sleep with the guests outside making noise early in the morning. We understand your frustration completely. We have discussed your experience with our staff so that we can make sure it doesn't happen again. Our biggest apologies to you. We hope the rest of your trip went well.