Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #86 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Everything was great from the hotel staff (especially LaShonda Cannie) to the rooms and breakfast. What stood out the most was the pleasant staff and how they treated you as if you were a welcomed guest in their own homes. The accommodations were amazing, the rooms were very clean, and it felt like home. I will definitely stay at this hotel next year, it made my CIAA experience ever GREATER!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us during the CIAA 2013 Tournament and reviewing our hotel! We are so happy you had a great experience and hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at this location and I plan to return to CIAA 2014 and will be staying at this same location. My trip was being planned a year out and the Sales Manager (LaShonda) was absolutely the BEST!!! She worked with myself and a few of my friends and each phone call was handled professionally despite the many, many, many changes that we had. Accommodations were made whenever possible!!
The 2 bedroom suite- was just "what the doctor ordered". Spacious, Separate bathroom, Nice kitchen area, dining area, living room area.
Other members of the staff were courteous; polite; and professional as well.
Many other guest were at this location and things flowed nicely, orderly, no hassles, no issues, no arguments. I was comfortable my entire stay (4 nights/5 days).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so glad you stayed with us during the CIAA tournament week and that your stay went well. Lashonda appreciated your comments. She worked very hard at making sure things were running seamlessly. We hope to see you and your friends again next year!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a Marriott rewards member. I love the Residence Inn brands. I stayed here with family members on a road trip. We requested late check in as we knew we would arrive around midnight, however due to traffic we arrived around three in the morning. The front desk gentlemen was not very pleasant and it took him a couple rings to answer the bell to open the outside door (good for security though) He seemed to be moody/sleepy when I asked for a simple bill request and proceeded to argue with me regarding emailing my bill and not leaving it under the door. He said he can't make any promises. He can definitely use some customer service tips. It also took longer than usual to check in, he said because the computer was upgrading so I had to wait 15 minutes.
I finally got checked in and got to our 2 bed 2 bathroom suite it was nice could use a little updating,but it was clean with a full kitchen, fireplace, 3 flat screen TV's, microwave and coffee maker. This is a perfect location right off I77. The problem began when I went to bed. The room where I was placed (#1106) is located right next to the outside door where people enter and exit the building. It was EXTREMELY loud. People began congregating outside my window at 6:30 in the morning. I got no sleep. I called the front desk and spoke to a nice lady named Katie she was sympathetic and asked if I wanted to be moved to another room which didnt make sense to me seeing that I had to check out in a couple hours and I was already dog tired. My question is why would you put someone who called ahead to tell you they are driving 12 hours coming in late and obviously tired in a room like this in the first place? I hope that the reservation/management will be more sensitive in the future with these request. Katie was very nice and pleasant totally opposite from the other gentlemen who checked me in. She offered to give a credit to my room. I checked out with my family without seeing her. I checked my bank statement a couple days ago and saw that they charged me for the full price of the room. I contacted the hotel today and spoke with the manager Lashana (I hope thats her name/spelling), she said that she got my complaint and was happy that I reached out to her. She apologized for the experience I had. She was very professional and pleasant. She also comped my room and invited me to come again. This experience was poor but I gave it two extra stars in how the manager and front desk person handled the situation. It is because of these two ladies that I would give this location another try, but definitely request a room away from the door.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a Marriott Residence Inn loyalist and staying at our hotel. We are very sorry you did not have a pleasant check-in experience with our Night Auditor. We have spoken to him concerning your experience so that it would never happen again. We're sorry you didn't get a good night sleep with the guests outside making noise early in the morning. We understand your frustration completely. We have discussed your experience with our staff so that we can make sure it doesn't happen again. Our biggest apologies to you. We hope the rest of your trip went well.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed here as we came into town for a play - the hotel if OK...a little tired maybe but nothing wrong.

The employee at the front desk when we checked in - LaShonda - was personable, friendly, and did a great job making us feel welcome. About 10 minutes after checking in she called our suite to check and make sure everything to our liking. Never had that done before! When we checked out, she inquired about the play we had seen.

She is a gem! We need more like her in the service industry!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a penthouse suite...strange layout but LOTS of room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We are glad to hear that you received exceptional service from LaShonda. She is a gem! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. So many guests rely on the reviews they read.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Love the location just off the freeway (but there is little noise from it.) I've stayed in a variety of rooms available over the past year, but found the studios just fine both in size and amenities. The property is very well maintained, and the staff has always been amazing. The breakfast and evening meals / happy hour change daily, and the food selection is good. Free Wifi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Many guests say that our location is convenient especially since it's right off I-77. Since you've been here a few times, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff is amazing. Always looking for ways to enhance your stay. I had a problem with a Fed Ex shipmet that was delivered to the wrong hotel. The staff called the other hotels in the area and located it. Then they picked it up and delivered it to me at my meeting location. This was all unrequested and unexpected.

Room Tip: No elevators. If you have difficulty navigating stairs ask for a first floor room.All the rooms are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your kind words concerning our staff that works very hard at pleasing every guest. We understood your specific needs and wanted to make sure your meeting went well. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great space for large families. Breakfast was excellent! We always stop here on our 15 hour drive from PA to FLA. The pet policy is good, and love having kitchen space. The decor is somewhat office-like and dated but the beds are super comfy, cozy and clean. Love the free in room popcorn, coffee and Paul Mitchell products. We would recommend to any family who will appreciate the space and perks!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and mentioning the little details that make a stay special (Paul Mitchell products, in room popcorn, coffee and comfortable beds). We hope that you and your family will stay with us again on your way back from Florida. Spring is here!