“Convenient & Friendly!”

Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #79 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Love the location just off the freeway (but there is little noise from it.) I've stayed in a variety of rooms available over the past year, but found the studios just fine both in size and amenities. The property is very well maintained, and the staff has always been amazing. The breakfast and evening meals / happy hour change daily, and the food selection is good. Free Wifi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Many guests say that our location is convenient especially since it's right off I-77. Since you've been here a few times, we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff is amazing. Always looking for ways to enhance your stay. I had a problem with a Fed Ex shipmet that was delivered to the wrong hotel. The staff called the other hotels in the area and located it. Then they picked it up and delivered it to me at my meeting location. This was all unrequested and unexpected.

Room Tip: No elevators. If you have difficulty navigating stairs ask for a first floor room.All the rooms are...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RICharlotteSouth, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your kind words concerning our staff that works very hard at pleasing every guest. We understood your specific needs and wanted to make sure your meeting went well. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great space for large families. Breakfast was excellent! We always stop here on our 15 hour drive from PA to FLA. The pet policy is good, and love having kitchen space. The decor is somewhat office-like and dated but the beds are super comfy, cozy and clean. Love the free in room popcorn, coffee and Paul Mitchell products. We would recommend to any family who will appreciate the space and perks!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and mentioning the little details that make a stay special (Paul Mitchell products, in room popcorn, coffee and comfortable beds). We hope that you and your family will stay with us again on your way back from Florida. Spring is here!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here overnight when my flight was canceled and the stay was adequate. The hotel has been well maintained by the staff but the bathrooms and carpets are in need of upgrades. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would stay again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's a nice place but they charged me $250 smoking fee and their was no smoking in the room at all they said they found some trash so that's why they charged me that and showed me pictures of trash they took out the garbage bag to justify it so be careful they will try do you wrong I would take that $500 that they charged me for one night and go some where else

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

1st time staying at this Hotel, Great room with a fireplace, and the office has wood for you to purchase, the bed sheets were like you get in a hospital, felt great. The staff was great, especially at breakfast, very helpful and friendly. It did not feel like a hotel but a personal residence just like the name. They look like condos. Very nice. My daughter already asked that when we come up here for the amusement park can we stay here, and of course I said yes. Thanks. I forgot, the price was great also.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
We see that you are a Senior Contributor for TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time you took to write us a review! We were even more happy to hear that you and your daughter had a great stay with us! Our Residence Inn specializes in accommodating guests staying for long periods of time in addition to families who would prefer suites with full kitchens and living areas. With what you receive at the Residence Inn, you get a great value since breakfast and wireless internet are included in the rate PLUS your getting a much larger room than what you would receive in a typical hotel. I'm glad you got to enjoy our working wood fireplaces. They certainly are an asset in the winter when you want to feel like you're at home in a cozy room. We look forward to your return when the amusement park is open. Best wishes!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn on 3 occasions for work and stayed between 2 weeks to a month each time. The hotel is older and a little outdated. However, the rooms are very clean. They updated their cable package and have a very good selection of tv channels. There was also a very large flat screen tv in the room. The Internet was also updated and is very fast. The gym is very small with bad equipment- not really a gym you can use ,but the Marriott hotel is right next door and you can use their gym. The hotel has a small outdoor pool. The morning breakfast is standard. Just like other residence Inns, they offer a light evening meal Mon-Wed. This food is decent as well. It includes free soda and beer. The breakfast area downstairs is very small with limited seating. The staff at this hotel are amazing. They go out of their way to ensure every person at the hotel has a good stay.the hotel is off of I-77 on Tyvola Rd and is a good central location. It's an older hotel, but because the staff treat you so well and the property is well taken care of, I would definitely recommend it!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for your repeat business and taking the time to review our property. We were very happy to hear that you felt our staff was the best. Thank you! We are anticipating a renovation that will address all the areas you mentioned. In the meantime, we work very hard in maintaining our hotel and keeping our suites clean plus offering the best service that any hotel can offer. We hope to see you soon in the near future!