“This place should NOT carry the marriott name...Old & Outdated!”

Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #93 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The other reviews must be fake! After staying a night a this place, I am convinced that they paid someone to write good reviews. This place is old, outdated, & the "renovations" that took place several years ago are blinded by the 1980's stove, rusted fridge that makes loud noises every couple hours. Good luck getting any sleep at this place! For the money they they charge, you could stay some place much nicer! This is the bottom of the barrel of Residence Inn's & quite frankly surprised that Marriott has its name on this location...Its more like a Motel 8!

• Stayed: January 2013
Residence Inn C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Guest, we are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We are an extended stay property and we specialize in accommodating long term guests staying for special projects and trainings. Since you stayed only one night, you may not have interacted with our staff since you made no mention of them. They are a fantastic staff and that is what our previous reviewers make mention of since most of them spent more than one night with us. Our last renovation was in 2006 and yes we are due for another one this year and all that you mentioned will be replaced. Perhaps you would have been happier in Building 11 since this building was built in 2000 and houses our One and Two Bedroom Suites. Our appliances are newer and the rooms are more typical of the other Residence Inns you may have stayed in. Some guests prefer our condo/apartment style suites when staying long term. They feel like apartments. Many who travel for just a few days prefer our newer building (Bldg 11) that is 3 stories. Again, we are very sorry. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further. - Tina Crossland, 704-319-3571

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent service from the front desk to housekeeping to breakfast. It is obvious all employees care about the relationship with the customer. Say "Hi" to Ms. Winkler at the front desk for me. I'll stay here again when in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank J S
Residence Inn C, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate your review and glad you felt well cared for. The Staff at the Residence Inn by Marriott Charlotte South at I-77 & Tyvola Rd cares very much for their guests whether they are staying one night or 3 months. We're happy to hear you experience that. Please come stay with us again when you are in Charlotte.

Residence Inn Management Staff

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is such a wonderful hotel. The staff is kind and very friendly. When we are in the area we make sure to stay at this hotel. The breakfast is great and we know it will be a nice breakfast because they have great food and very nice staff. Friendly atmosphere. Clean nice rooms. Beautiful place. I felt secure and relaxed. To be able to feel at home when your away home is a wonderful feel!! We thank all the people for all the done for us.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were in town for a wedding and just needed a reasonably priced room that did not have a two night minimum stay like the wedding block hotels had. This residence inn was perfectly reasonable. It had a small kitchen, an area for a couch a chair and a tv, and the bed area and the bathroom. It was clean and well kept. It's located right off the highway so it's convenient but not close to the downtown area nor is it in a walkable neighborhood. I thought the bed was very soft so I was glad it wasn't a particularly long stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road for two days in October 2012. I recently had surgery on my foot, so we requested a handicap/accessible room. The room they gave us was very nice, clean, and (most importantly) easy for me to negotiate in my wheelchair. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was large. The doorways were wide enough for my wheelchair to easily pass through. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., not just pastries as some hotel breakfasts do. The location was convenient, and there were several restaurants close by. The museums in downtown Charlotte were easily accessible from this hotel. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77 & Tyvola Rd. We are happy you had a very nice stay and that it was easy enough for you to maneuver around in our handicap room. That is very important to us since we try hard to accommodate all guests and their specific needs. We hope your foot is healing well and that you have a speedy recovery. Please stay with us again when you are in the Charlotte area.

Tina Crossland

Reviewed October 27, 2012

First stay here and it will be the last. The overstuffed armchair cushion was wet. It must have been cleaned earlier in the day. I got up with a wet bottom. The carpet was also still damp. I was awakened every several hours by a loud rushing noise coming from the other side of the wall at the head of the bed. Not sure whether it was water from a bathroom, or fire hose, but it was loud, intermittent and disturbing! The room was spacious, nicely decorated and equipped. The breakfast was excellent with eggs, potatoes, and hash as well as cold items. The desk clerk in the morning said she was new and couldn't help. Haven't heard from the manager in a week, so I guess they don't care. Lots of other cheaper lodging in the area I have used before without a problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RICharlotteSouth, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for your recent stay. We understand your frustration completely. You should have never been given the recently shampooed room to begin with and there was some miscommunication on our end that caused that. The Front Desk associate was new and I'm sorry your complaint wasn't handled appropriately. I believe our Management Staff has been in contact with you and that everything has been settled to your satisfaction. If not, please contact us today. We want you to be 100% satisfied. Despite your wet room, thank you for your positive comments concerning the excellent breakfast and the spacious and nicely decorated guest room. We promise if you return to our hotel again, we will make sure you have an excellent stay. Sincerely, Tina Crossland

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Visiting Charlotte again we stayed here,as always very friendly staff clean rooms reasonably priced.Glad we we got to see Victor for a short time ,he always makes us feel like family and not just guests.Back again in the spring.