“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road for two days in October 2012. I recently had surgery on my foot, so we requested a handicap/accessible room. The room they gave us was very nice, clean, and (most importantly) easy for me to negotiate in my wheelchair. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was large. The doorways were wide enough for my wheelchair to easily pass through. The staff were very nice and helpful, and the breakfast included eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., not just pastries as some hotel breakfasts do. The location was convenient, and there were several restaurants close by. The museums in downtown Charlotte were easily accessible from this hotel. I would recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars
Residence Inn C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77 & Tyvola Rd. We are happy you had a very nice stay and that it was easy enough for you to maneuver around in our handicap room. That is very important to us since we try hard to accommodate all guests and their specific needs. We hope your foot is healing well and that you have a speedy recovery. Please stay with us again when you are in the Charlotte area.

Tina Crossland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

First stay here and it will be the last. The overstuffed armchair cushion was wet. It must have been cleaned earlier in the day. I got up with a wet bottom. The carpet was also still damp. I was awakened every several hours by a loud rushing noise coming from the other side of the wall at the head of the bed. Not sure whether it was water from a bathroom, or fire hose, but it was loud, intermittent and disturbing! The room was spacious, nicely decorated and equipped. The breakfast was excellent with eggs, potatoes, and hash as well as cold items. The desk clerk in the morning said she was new and couldn't help. Haven't heard from the manager in a week, so I guess they don't care. Lots of other cheaper lodging in the area I have used before without a problem.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RICharlotteSouth, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,
We sincerely apologize for your recent stay. We understand your frustration completely. You should have never been given the recently shampooed room to begin with and there was some miscommunication on our end that caused that. The Front Desk associate was new and I'm sorry your complaint wasn't handled appropriately. I believe our Management Staff has been in contact with you and that everything has been settled to your satisfaction. If not, please contact us today. We want you to be 100% satisfied. Despite your wet room, thank you for your positive comments concerning the excellent breakfast and the spacious and nicely decorated guest room. We promise if you return to our hotel again, we will make sure you have an excellent stay. Sincerely, Tina Crossland
Delran, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Visiting Charlotte again we stayed here,as always very friendly staff clean rooms reasonably priced.Glad we we got to see Victor for a short time ,he always makes us feel like family and not just guests.Back again in the spring.

Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was my second stay here, the last was 18 mos. ago. I picked the Residence Inn because I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was clean and quiet.Even better was The Marriott across the parking lot had a wonderful full service bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a studio room. Very nice large room. Full kitchen just like all RI rooms are famous for. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Breakfast area was a little small but still had a lot to choose from - enough hot & cold items to choose from. Would definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: hotel is close to the interstate so keep that in mind when beuing assigned your room
Falmouth, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn Charlotte South- i77/Tyvola Rd for four nights while at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. I can tell you that although the week was crazy with tourists, media, secret service etc... the staff at the Residence Inn were top notch. They never skipped a beat, even with all of the craziness in their city and in their hotel that week. They were friendly, helpful and efficient. The staff went out of their way to make our trip better, even giving our group a ride to pick up the train into town whenever we needed it. They upgraded many of our rooms so that our stay would be more pleasurable. They helped us use the grill by the pool so that we could make lunch on-site. In fact, I've never had a better experience with the staff at a hotel. In particular I remember Victor's warmth at the front desk, and their Sales Director, Tina Crossland...although there were many others. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I also loved sleeping in their king sized beds- very comfortable!

Thank you to the first rate staff at the Residence Inn Charlotte South/I-77/Tyvola Rd. You made all the difference and helped make out trip to Charlotte, NC even better.

Room Tip: We thought all of the rooms were well layed out although the ones closest to the front desk were clo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The room was very spacious, I had two flat screen TVs (one in the LR and one in the BR) and a full kitchen. The only reason why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is because when I first arrived to building 12 after checking in, the entry is into building 11, the hallway had an old odor. However, after being out for most of the day, the odor was cleared up. The hallway in building 11 needs more lighting and need to be updated. The room on the other hand was great, clean, and spacious.

Room Tip: Use any discounts you may have.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo