“You will love staying at Residence Inn off of I77, Charlotte, NC”

Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road
Ranked #71 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Oak Brook, Illinois
“You will love staying at Residence Inn off of I77, Charlotte, NC”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Residence Inn, Marriott, Charlotte, NC off of I77 is Great! The people are so polite and thoughtful. They are my only choice for Charlotte. The other MAIN reason I stay at Residence Inn is because of Victor Banks, he is just unbelievable, top notch. As soon as I check in he makes me feel like I'm a relative he hasn't seen for a while and he is so happy that I had a safe trip. I do a great deal of traveling and most of the time I don't care where I stay, just want a clean room and a working TV. But each year I make sure I stay at Marriott Residence Inn because of Victor. He is truly a great asset to your company. Hope you treat him special as someone might feel the same way as myself and add him to their team, I will follow.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Judy D
, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your great comments of our customer service. The success of our hotel is largely determined by the people we staff as you have seen with Victor and our other staff. We appreciate him greatly as well. Fortunately we belong to a company that values people and rewards them accordingly. Hence, Victor Banks was recently promoted to Front Desk Supervisor. We look forward to your return!

Tina Crossland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wilmington
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least 6 times a year, Every time I stay I'm greeted with warmest smile and hugs. The rooms are always clean and quiet. The kitchen staff make the most delicious food from their small kitchen. Breakfast is always satisfying and if you're in town for the evening social hours...try their BBQ sandwiches.

Any request I've made is met with a smile and prompt response and the staff is knowledgeable of the local area. They have made great suggestions for dining and entertainment options.

This R.I. truly feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CJCtheworld
Residence Inn C, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for making the Residence Inn Charlotte South your home away from home when traveling to Charlotte! We appreciate your loyalty very much. We try very hard to make every guest feel at home especially those we see so often like yourself. We look forward to your return!

Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great rooms with full kitchen. Very clean. Great location. Great price. I will definitely stay again if I need to visit the area again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SpecialK1970
Residence Inn C, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when traveling through Charlotte!

West Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We recently visited Charlotte and stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn before, but will definitely be staying again! Our room was very spacious (even with 3 kids) and very clean. Having a mini kitchen was very helpful to keep drinks and snacks cold. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. The hotel even had a basketball court which was a nice surprise and a favorite perk for our kids! The hotel was easy to find and it's location is an easy drive to downtown Charlotte and Carowinds. We will be visiting again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mym3
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We are glad you were able to experience the Residence Inn culture since it's such an unusual hotel brand. Since we are an extended stay hotel, we have guests staying for long periods at a time and engaging with them is a normal part of who we are and what we do. We make all guests feel welcome, like they are at home. I hope that now that you have experienced the Residence Inn, you will continue to stay with us when traveling with your family. We hope to see you again soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Recently our family of 5 was displaced from our home due to a house fire for approx 2 months! The nightmare and stress from being away from home for that long was terrible...but the staff was so accommodating and put all our concerns to rest!! I am a work from home mother of 3 home-schoolers...I needed a lot. The entire staff has been by FAR the most professional,courteous and sincerest staff that I have ever met (from grounds, security, and front desk).Melissa, Victor and Sharnet has a FIVE STAR team!! The full breakfast menu and special dinner nights...was an added bonus! Thanks for making my upside down life a pleasure!

Room Tip: the kids loved the loft suite!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Another very pleasant stay.We visit two times a year and are always very pleased with our room,but most importantly the hospitality.Victor at the front desk makes us feel more like family than guests he always has time to spend making us feel welcome no matter how busy it is. If more hotels hired people like Victor trveling away from home would not be unpleasant.Everyone else are also very accomodating and the rooms are very clean and fresh.Also plenty of food choices nearby.Staying again in October. Again props to Victor and the entire staff

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank choc33
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Residence Inn Charlotte South! We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. The Residence Inn strives to make all our guests feel like they are home with family when they are staying with us and we're glad to hear Victor and the other staff made you feel that way. We really appreciate your comments and look forward to your return in October!

Alta, Wyoming
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had the displeasure of staying at the Residence Inn at I-77 and Tyvola in Charlotte. My trouble started at check-in. I specifically requested a room other than handicap accessible, as I was staying several nights. Nonetheless, the hotel staff proceeded to put me in such a room. While the kitchenette had been remodeled and was hardly used, the bathroom was well-worn and dirty. The tile floor was cracked, there was hair and a ring in the shower/tub, the bed was saggy and uncomfortable, and the pillows were thin and provided no neck and head support. I was uncomfortable during my entire stay. I am a seasoned business traveler and found this hotel among the worst, including places I have stayed in the Third World. Marriott really blew it with this property and I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Unless you require handicap access, do not allow them to put you in one of those rooms. Mine was ver...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank OutdoorCpl
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so sorry you had an unpleasant stay. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. We typically score in the 90s for cleanliness and we rarely have problems in that area so obviously what you experienced is unacceptable to us as well. We do no get guest complaints concerning the beds because they are only 6 years old so we would like to know which room you were in so that the bed could be replaced. Please contact us so that we can correct the problems.

704-527-8110