“Long Term Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Long Term Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I lived at this residence inn for about 5 months (Sept. 2011- Jan 2012). We loved it. The staff was great and really treated us well. As long term guests we really established a great relationship with most of the employees. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. I have lived in hotels for much of the past two years (3 brands other than Marriott, Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Ramada ) and must say that this was by far the best experience I have had by a long shot. Food was great, breakfast 7 days a week and dinner Monday-Wednesday. Whether passing through or a long term stay, stay here!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Just stayed for one night and was very pleased. Marriott's Residence Inns are my favorite because you can get a one or two bedroom with living room and kitchen, more like a condo.
This one was atownhouse with one bedroom up and one down, very nice for 2 couples. It did have a few dated issues but all considered very nice for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kisa11
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Arrived on our journey and was met by Kimberly who provided me with excellent check-in and provided this Platinum member with an upgrade on my request. This is an older style Inn but had all the typical items (kitchen, fireplace, etc.) and was comfortable. The hotel is within easy walking distance to several restaurants, including one located in a close-by Marriott. The only downside was that breakfast was in a small area near the front dest and was a bit cramped. The hotel can be seen from the interstate and is easy to find. We would probably stay here again based on location and good service.

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty good and have kitchens.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mdahess
Newton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We used this hotel as a home base for a group of people for a wedding. The rooms were good, as expected for a Residence Inn (not overly fancy but functional and clean). However, what sets this Marriott apart from many other similarly priced hotels is the quality of the people working there. All customer support staff, from reception, cleaning, grounds keepers, and those who prepared food were uniformly pleasant, helpful, and friendly... it made all the difference. Because we had a group, we needed a place to "hang out" in the evenings, and they allowed us to use the room over reception where we didn't need to worry about disturbing other guests. They were accomodating in every way.

The breakfast buffet was terrific, with it being fresh, tasty, and plentiful.

Overall, these people are terrific, and they deserve a lot of credit for their customer service. The hotel itself is not in the most desireable area of the city, but there was no indication that there is any issue with crime or unsavoury people hanging around. We all felt safe walking between the buildings at any time of day or night.

Room Tip: Not all the buildings have elevators, so if you are hauling a big suitcase, you might want to ask fo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed over here two times in the past 2 months while traveling between NY and Florida. Both times the staff was courteous, efficient, and welcoming. Stayed in a suite both times - plenty of room, great kitchen, quiet, clean bed and bathroom. Although there were many families and people staying here too, it was quiet in my room all night!

Nice area for a short walk too - lots of chain restaurants around. I brought my own food and made everything in the room - easy! TV in every room, great wifi.

Room Tip: Get a suite and request feather pillows!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy B
RICharlotteSouth, Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte South at I-77/Tyvola Road, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review! We always appreciate guest feedback. We hope to see you again when passing through from NY to Florida.

Residence Inn Management Staff
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

My wife, Barbara, two of our grandsons, and myself, visited here 08/14 thru 08/17/2011. This by far is one of the nicest places we have had the pleasure of staying. All the staff was very friendly, professional, and very helpful with any questions or concerns we had. We stayed in the Studio Suite with a balcony, Room 223. Our room was spotless. A special thanks to our housekeeping lady, and I am sorry for not getting her name, for doing such a fantastic job. Thank You. Having a full kitchen is such a treat, especially when traveling with small children. A full hot breakfast in the mornings was also very good and helped our day get off to a great start. The pool was very clean and relaxing. A special thanks to Holly, Michael, Levi, and Sharnet. You guys definately help make this place a five star establishment. Thank You. I highly recommend this place and look forward to our visit there again real soon. Bob & Barbara Uzzell, Wilmington, NC

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RobertSUzzell
Dear Mr. Uzzell,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed meeting you and your family at the Residence Inn Charlotte South. We hope that when you pass through Charlotte again, that you stay with us again!

Warm regards,
Residence Inn Charlotte South Management Staff
Cary, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This particular Residence Inn, in my limited experience of extended stays, was very pleasant. The food was hot and fresh whenever served and the staff are very personable and accommodating. The housekeeping varied from day to day so I'd have to look around the room for a few common things (trash cans, etc.) and the cleaning service misses a few places here and there. However, the service and amenities available mitigated the drawbacks. There's a lot of great activities nearby to include a world renowned disc golf course and Carowinds.

Room Tip: Book early and talk to the staff for a while. They were more than willing to accommodate my request...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business