Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
$309
$259
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewscharlotte airportfront deskmarriott courtyardroom was cleanstandard courtyardthe shuttle driveran early flightfire pitfree shuttlean overnight stayconference roomhousekeeping staffone night staybusiness tripfitness centerkennethmarriotts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were flying out of Charlotte Airport, stayed here one night. Check in was easy. A very large property. The airplane noise was not an issue. Probably drowned out by the A/C unit.

Asked for a high floor to reduce potential foot traffic noise. With advanced rate this property is only $79 per night! No breakfast included, as with the Courtyard brand name.

Easy off highway location, free parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Brown_Samantha

Thank You for your review regarding your past stay. It is a perfect option for a close hotel to the Charlotte Airport. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed tour stay and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Charlotte.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel is your average Courtyard Marriott - but the people there were phenomenal. My 6 year old daughter and I were stranded in CLT after hours on the tarmac - and arrived at CLT near 1am. I called the hotel and the shuttle came right away - and the driver was the most pleasant person I've ever encountered on a shuttle service - EVER. We were all travelweary, exhausted and not very happy. She instantly turned the mood around by welcoming us, telling us all we needed to know about the hotel and getting back to the airport in the morning, and genreally turned the entire mood of the van around. The staff was super helpful, from the receptionist to the snack bar clerk to the van driver the following morning. I cannot say enough about how this hotel staff helped salvage a night that had become really awful thanks to USAir. If you are ever stuck in CLT, I highly recommend Courtyard Marriott - Charlotte Airport!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Lisa M

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding our staff and the hotel. I’m so glad to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations and made you feel like you were at home away from your home. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Charlotte.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

A family member who was rather distressed due to a missed connection was made to wait an hour for the shuttle. I called the desk every 10 minutes and was always told 5 more minutes. On about my tenth call I get the driver who proceeds to tell me he had been to the airport at least six times. Why in the world wouldn't the front desk communicate there was someone waiting ? As a result she got four hours of poor sleep before heading back. No apologies. They didn't seem the least bit concerned.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Dapogee-

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience here at the Courtyard Charlotte Airport, I apologize your experience didn’t meet your expectations. I will be addressing your concerns with the managers and staff to make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future. I hope if you’re back in Charlotte you will give us another try, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight the next day. I hate checking into hotels and you never see the whites of the eyes of the guest services person who is checking you in. She never made eye contact, never thanked me for being a Marriott Rewards customer (I used points for this stay), and made no effort to honor any of my room preference requests. Instead, I was placed in a first floor room near the ice machine (since my last name begins with B and rooms are assigned alpha/numerically). Typical Courtyard room, which I am very comfortable with, but the room doors were paper thin--I heard everything happening up and down the hall as people left the lobby and made their way to the ice machine. There are better choices for airport hotels in the area, I do not recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Charlotte Airport. We work very hard to go above and beyond your expectations and unfortunately your stay was no satisfactory. Please rests assure the details of your stay will be addressed with our staff to prevent any situation like this from happening again. We hope if your travels ever bring you back to Charlotte you will give us another chance, and thanks again for the feedback.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff was amazing and very friendly. I enjoyed the little cafeteria the food was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the outside area very peaceful and quiet when airplanes were flying over which of course it was by the airport. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear ucfmom1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Charlotte Airport was enjoyable.

Julia T Smith