“Convienient Hotel with a Great Little Bar”

Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #51 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Convienient Hotel with a Great Little Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We used the Marriott Courtyard as a layover before continuing our journey to the Virgin Islands.
When you get your luggage at the baggage claim, call the hotel for a free shuttle and meet them at Zone D. It's a short 10 min ride from the airport to the hotel.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

One of the nice surprises was the bar. "The Guy with the Bald Head" (we were told to refer to him that way) makes great drinks and is fun to talk with. The other guy, Terrance, makes an amazing flat bread pizza. After a full day of flying and airports, we really enjoyed relaxing with the drinks, food, and conversation. The bar closes at 11 p.m.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear TravelingB0B,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback on Tripadvisor website regarding your stay with Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. We pride ourselves on providing our guest with a clean hotel and great customer service. I will also share your comments regarding Terrance and Steve (bald guy as we call him) during our management and staff customer service training. I'm very thankful to have such service focus associates. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you would choose Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport for any lodging needs.

Julia T Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pearl City, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It seems to have been upgraded. Everything seems immaculate. The king size bed, high definition TV, new shower with sliding glass doors. I really liked this hotel. The fitness center was also very nice, but they don't have all the channels on the treadmill as you would in your room, but still it was nice to see a few programs while running on the treadmill. Sorry, but I left at 4:00 am so I can't comment on the breakfast. The shuttle was on time, comfortable large van and the driver was very courteous. I really liked this hotel.

Room Tip: The business center is open to the guests and you can print your boarding pass. Another tip is ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear LRY4,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and the courtesy of my staff. We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean establishment, and ensuring that our guest receive exceptional customer service, and I'm grateful to know that we succeeded. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with my staff and management team. Once again, thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night while visiting Charlotte. I was very impressed with decor. I was very updated and we were greeted by friendly staff as soon as we walked in. I loved that I could print my boarding pass right there in the hotel and the complimentary shuttle to the airport was a plus as well. Our room was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Although my flight was too early to enjoy it, I loved that they serve Starbucks coffee. I will definitely use this hotel again when visiting family and friends in Charlotte.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Shlon J

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. I'm so glad to hear my staff meet and exceeded you standards; it is our goal to always make our guest feel at home while they are away from their home. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Charlotte.

Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel last week for a birthday getaway for me. I have to say we were unimpressed. The lobby was nicely decorated and the first employee at the counter (a woman) was very nice and assisted us with getting checked into our room.

Upon entering the room, we both thought that it seemed smaller than we expected (based on what we thought we chose during online booking) but that was ok. We were only staying for one night. However, my fiance spotted a bunch of crumbs on the sofa and the computer desk, within our room. We were both a little disappointed by this but decided to let it go. He just brushed the crumbs off. Then, we started being bothered by these flies circling around. We thought we'd be able to just deal with it and my fiance opened the sliding door, hoping they'd fly out...but no luck. Normally, we are ok with letting certain things slide but after driving several hours from GA and wanting to just get comfortable, the last thing we wanted to do was swat flies all night.

So, I decided to call the front desk to request a room change. The attendant (I think his name was Adam) answered and advised that we come downstairs to see about a room change. Upon arriving, one of the first things that Adam asked is "did we do anything in the room." I was a little perplexed about that question. I told him that I used a bar of soap to wash my hands and we brushed the crumbs off the sofa. He advised that he asked because the hotel was sold out and they may need to reuse the room. So, I told him that it should be fine for reuse provided that the soap gets replaced and the crumbs removed. (Hopefully, the flies would have gone off somewhere...I don't know).

Adam provided us with an identical room. The original room was on the third floor and our replacement was on the first floor. En route to the replacement room, I asked my fiance if he smelled something. It's hard for me to explain but the first description that crossed my mind was a fish tank that needed cleaning. haha. My fiance advised that we were near the pool and that's probably what the smell was. hmmm.... o_o

Upon entering our room, it was clean and we had no other problems. Though, I can't help but say even after the room change (with little to no problems, especially considering the sold out status and how late in the evening it was), the whole experience had been dulled for us. Also on the first floor, we heard more of the highway traffic. The electrical sockets on the lamps near the bed would not hold our phone chargers in...they would just fall out. Outside of that, there were no other real issues.

I loved that the bed was super soft...I think the mattress may have been foam. My fiance didn't appreciate it and ended up with a temporary backache. I don't believe there was a free continental breakfast...probably because of the Bistro within the hotel. I thought the little convenience store was useful and the ability to charge purchases to the room. The lobby's modern decor was very nice. I also loved the 12pm check out time, as opposed to the standard 11am.

So, overall, this was certainly not the worst hotel we've stayed in. However, for the money, I'm not sure we got the value that was expected from a Marriott brand. We've been having a lot more luck with Hilton branded hotels and may just start sticking with that. We stayed at a Hampton Inn in Wilmington the following day and loved it so much we added an extra day onto the trip. Both hotels were very similar in price...maybe a $20 difference. I do appreciate both front desk employees for doing a great job helping us! :-)

Room Tip: First floor rooms (possibly closer to the pool) will be exposed to more noise from highway traffic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Erica H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered while choosing to spend your birthday stay with us. I will be using this review as a training tool for my management team and staff during our customer service training.

This is definitely not the level of service that we are known for displaying to our guest. It disappoints me to know that we failed to make your stay satisfactory. I would love to discuss in further details with you your experience at the hotel. Please feel free to give me a call at the hotel. And once again I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope the next time you travel to charlotte you will give us another chance.

Courtyard Charlotte Airport
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was locked out of my room for over an hour - the lock battery was dead. Their maintenance guy had no idea how to use the device to open dead battery locks. For my frustration and inconvenience they offered me a FREE FRUIT-CUP!! I couldn't go anywhere all my stuff was in my room. I couldn't wait in the lobby because what if the maintenance man arrived and opened the door. So I sat in the hallway until some maid took pity on me and opened up a room that I could sit in and wait. No food available... 'Sorry the bistro is closed'. I will never stay at a Marriott again. Customer service comes from the management down and obviously this Marriott's management fails miserably.

• Stayed September 2013
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear RCO1-

Thank You for providing your feedback, as we discussed earlier I will be looking into the problems you encountered. I’m glad I was able to handle the situation for you, and again I apologize for the inconveniences. I hope the next time you travel to charlotte you will give us another chance.

East TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Close to the airport with transportation available. If you wish to eat "out" you will have to drive a bit.
Hotel is clean with a well trained staff. Good place to relax.
My opinion is the Bistro is over-priced but the only place within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardAirport, General Manager at Courtyard Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear alvis-f,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport. I will ensure that I commend my staff about their exceptional customer service. I'm very thankful to have such dedicated and service focus associates. We appreciate your business and feedback and hope to have you visit again soon.

Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here because of the proximity to the airport for a morning flight. For that purpose, this is a good hotel, with everything you would expect out of a Courtyard...clean, good service, good bistro. What confused us was the restaurant recommendations from staff for dinner. We ended up driving 15 miles...all the way to the other side of downtown Charlotte, to eat dinner. Is there nothing near this hotel to eat?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear holliday50,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding my staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We pride ourselves on maintaining a clean establishment, and ensuring that our guest receive exceptional customer service, and I'm grateful to know that we succeeded.

As for restaurant options, we have several restaurants in the immediate area. However, based on the cuisine desired you may have to drive a little further distance. Again your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with my staff and management team. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Airport.