“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS INN FOR TARHEEL FANS!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chapel Hill University Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Chapel Hill University Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS INN FOR TARHEEL FANS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

I loved this hotel. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. They helped us get to places that I wanted to see and arranged shuttle service for us. They also provided us with helpful tips. I did not feel like a stranger. this was my first ever trip to Chapel Hill for a college basketball game and I was not disappointed with any aspect of this trip. I plan on going back as soon as I can to enjoy another game and I will be staying at the Univeristy Inn at Chapel Hill. The room was clean and services were prompt. The Time Out bar/restaurant had great food and a great wait staff.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank britta89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Massillon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

I spent a night at this hotel last week and I have to tell you, the people were fantastic! I normally don't take the time to write reviews but had to share this experience with everyone. It was a long day on the road, I was tired from getting beat up by my customers and just needed a place to rest. So I checked into this hotel and from the time I entered the building, the service was awesome! Go my key, checked into my room, changed clothes and decided to go get some dinner. I called down to the desk and the gal was so polite, honest and was so well informed about the area. She recommended a nice local restaurant and even gave me great directions. I had a great meal. Being that I'm a Tar Heel fan, she recommended that I take a cruise around campus. I did and just fell in love with the area. I now hope my son will someday want to go to college there! Going back to the hotel, I stopped and got some ice cream and decided to get a milkshake for my new friend at the front desk. Upon my arrival, I thanked her for the referral and handed her a milkshake. She was so happy that I thought she was going to cry! She said she had be craving one all day! I went up to my room, got a good amount of work done at the very comfortable desk and then had a great night sleep. I checked out the next day and went on my way. Upon arriving home, I got an email from the young lady that was working the desk. She thanked me for staying with them and thanked me again for making her day with the milkshake. It's folks like that who will make you feel at home when you're away from home! Great place to stay! I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Was in town for business in both Durham and Chapel Hill and this was the perfect location! Staff was so quick to respond to requests I made. Room was comfortable and quiet. Restaurant/bar attached was a great value and convenient. There was also a Trader Joe's across the street which was a huge plus! Will definitely be staying here again if I ever come back here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2010

stayed at this hotel for one night, and was not what i expected from a "Holiday Inn" which it was at the time. Furnishings tired and dated, room was very humid, carpet was sticky, just overall a very tired property in need of update. Worst part i tried several times to contact management regarding my stay, and never received a response.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo