“So Clean!!”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Watha, North Carolina
“So Clean!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2008

This place is immaculate! I checked the room, and there wasn't even a speck of dust on the plantation shutters. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even had "happy hour" which consisted of beer, wine, cheese and crackers, and pizza. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — rooms were small
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2008

I was a little apprehensive about staying here because of where my room was located (on first level and farthest from the lobby), however, I must say that I was PLEASANTLY surprised. The room, in my opinion, was just the right size. The bed was very comfortable and I truly appreciated the free wireless internet access. Also, was very convenient to travel back and forth to the UNC campus (where I attended a seminar). Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Location, room, breakfast bar...free internet
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
swansboro, north carolina
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Booked this room while driving on hwy 40-I can say that whoever cleans these rooms does a great job and the breakfast bar was well stocked and had a good selection. Hampton Inn usually has comfortable beds and these fell right in line with Hampton Inn quality. I would stay here again.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
Eastern Shore, MD
Reviewed November 16, 2007

We book this through the alumni association for Homecoming weekend. Had a wonderful visit, large and very clean room, very friendly and helpful staff, and a breakfast that was nicer than the standard continental fare. We would definitely stay again! Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
winston salem, nc
Reviewed October 8, 2007

I was truly impressed by the Hampton Inn. At check-in, they had "The Fifth Quarter", a food spread with BBQ, baked beans, etc. I'm not really in to that type of food but I though it was a great effort. The front desk clerks offered us free bottled water and after hearing that we were visiting Chapel Hill, they gave us a list of local restaurants with brief descriptions, a coupon magazine for local spots, and a Chapel Hill magazine.

Upon reaching our room, I was surprised by the high quality. The room definitely looks like it has been updated recently. It has modern wood furniture including an armoire (substituting for a closet) and really nice all-white bed furnishings. The mattress, sheets and pillows were all very soft and comfortable. I usually stay at slightly cheaper hotels, but I didn't expect this much of a jump in quality. Oh, and the room had a nice, light fragrance to it when we first entered. I hate that old, musty smell of most hotel rooms.

The pool looked clean and well maintained but we didn't get to swim with our packed schedule.

Their vending machine stole our quarters, but the night desk clerk gave us 2 bottles of water for free (they normally sell the bottles for $.50 each)

And a bonus that's not listed anywhere for the hotel is that it is approximately 3/10 of a mile from a bar & grill in the neighboring shopping center. So we walked down the service road to the bar (btw its a chain so its clean and nice looking) after an evening on Franklin Street, and we got to drink til our heart's content and not worry about taxis or a DD. It worked out really well especially since this was a mini-vacation for all of us.

I want to reiterate that the employees were all more than just polite, they were warm, friendly people and I really appreciated that.

• Liked — The beds were super comfortable
  • Disliked — The price was a little steep (over $130/nt)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I had been on the road for 2 weeks staying at hotels for around $60-70 per night and only booked in here because I had a coupon from the Roomsaver magazine for a $70 stay. I am so glad I stopped here - it was the first hotel in 2 weeks that wasn't on a main road, had a leafy garden and restful pool. The owner and front desk clerk were professional and provided great service. I can't say how happy and relieved I was to stay at a quiet, clean, comfortable hotel like this
one.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo