All reviews service road room was clean front desk sausage biscuits would stay here again fridge and microwave hot breakfast quiet location the breakfast area nice breakfast unc hospital great room free breakfast cheryl tori cereal linens
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I like to stay in Quality Inns; they are reasonably priced, kept very clean, well located, and I've always had good experiences with the front desk personnel. This one is typical; the person at the front desk helped me get my daughter's and my luggage to my room during a heavy rainstorm while I drove around the hotel to where the room is. Quality Inn's record is spotless as far as I'm concerned!

Date of stay: May 2013
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that our staff went above and beyond to help you during your stay. Please do not hesitate to come back to see us again and say hi so I can meet you personally!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this location on two separate occasions recently. The rooms are nice and have an aspect of functional decor in each one, as well as the wooden blinds making for a nice and intriguing touch.

Breakfast runs from 6-9:30 (at least on the weekdays), and there is a decent selection of breakfast food, waffles, cereal, biscuits, etc. They try to have cookies out later in the day.

I share the sentiment that depending on where you are located on the property, it might be a little more noisy. If you're near a parking lot, you tend to get more noise. If you stay in a room further away, it is a lot quieter. The A/C cancels out a bit of the noise, at least in my experience.

The staff is excellent and friendly. I feel like I got a good deal in staying at this hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, if in Chapel Hill.

Room tip: Rooms further away from parking are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the insight you gave us to your stay at the property. I will share with my staff your sentiments of how well they treated you. We truly appreciate all of our guests and hope to see you the next time that you are in our area!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Perfectly nice motel, clean modernized room, close to UNC, free breakfast, nice pool area. But not visible from the road and with just a small sign. GPS didn't help - it's on a service road parallel to a highway. But once I found it, no complaints.

Date of stay: May 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We do realize with some GPS systems our hotel may be a little challenging to find. Please do not hesitate to call us and we shall give you better directions with a personal touch!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean and in a nice area. Great value for the room. The staff was nice especially the breakfast guy. He even toke time to show me how to use waffle machine. Will gladly stay here again if in town again.

Date of stay: April 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate each and every one of our guests and I hope you will come to visit us again when you are in town.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

if you're looking to save money so that you can eat at a great local restaurant or just pocket the extra cash, this quality inn will suffice. the hotel is clean with a nice staff. the rooms are plain, but the bed is comfortable. there's a pool on the premises, plenty of parking, and the location is good. breakfast is also, plain but plentiful. no eggs (except bagged hard boiled), a waffle machine, yogurt, cereal, etc. small complaint - there are no bolsters on the bed and the pillows are incredibly mushy. i asked if there were firmer pillows, and was told there weren't. if i was staying more then a couple of nights, i'd use some of the savings on the room to go over to bed, bath, and beyond, and get a decent pillow! some fellows were smoking outside our room both nights, and there is a space under the door, so the smoke filled our room. i asked them to move, and they pleasantly complied.

Room tip: even though rooms are non-smoking, request a room that is not near an outdoor smoking area, if that is a problem for you.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Alvin S, General Manager at Quality Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We know you have so many choices when visiting and we are glad you stayed with us! Thank you also for your comments on what we could have done better. We will use your suggestions to improve on our hotel and our guest experience. Please do not hesitate to come see us when you are in the area again!