“Wonderful Stay”

The Carolina Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I booked three nights at this hotel so I could visit my daughter who attends UNC. Carolina Inn had a special rate that included breakfast that they advertised as a 72 hour sale on their web-site. We had a wonderful time and I cannot give a high enough rating in all catagories for this place. I felt so welcome and cared for. I hope to be able to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed February 1, 2010

The unexpected show in the weather forecast caused us to leave for the Triangle earlier than expected, therefore we arrived at the Carolina Inn at 11:30am. The staff was more than happy to let us check-in early, which was wonderful. We were there for a memorial service for a friend's daughter. A reception was held in a nearby neighborhood, and instead of our group taking several vehicles in the bad weather, the Inn delivered us all and picked us up in the hotel van. Very helpful! Since the weather was so bad, we spent all of our down time at the hotel. After the service, we set up housekeeping in the sunroom where we ordered pizza, and the staff set us up with plates and napkins. The next morning, we were taken to a private dining room for breakfast. It was beautiful, and such a great way to end our bittersweet weekend with friends. The staff was there for all of us every step of the way. Thank you for a memorable weekend.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2010

I arrived to the hotel, and the staff was courteous, friendly and knowledgeable. I went out for dinner, and upon my return, my room was turned over for bed. The rate was unbeatable, and it's central. Great choice.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I have stayed at the lovely Carolina Inn several times and every time, I am a bit sad to leave. I love this hotel for its the location, the decor, the staff, the overall warm and homey atmosphere. Will stay there every time I visit Chapel Hill. Only suggestions are for additional parking space during busy fall weekends (football, wedding, Greek events all at same time cause gridlock and lack of parking spots) -- and more concrete ramps for when you're walking with luggage from hotel to self-parking.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Having read through the previous reviews, there's little that I can add. It's all true.

The Carolina Inn is a charming Southern home, oozing hospitality for Carolina alumni. It's also an older property, with lots of quirks, including many smaller rooms with uneven floors and tiny bathrooms. It's THE place to stay if you're going to football games or other campus events. It's within walking distance to "everything". It's pricey. It's priceless. Most people who stay there love it dearly, and come back time and time again. It's not for everybody.

Personally, I enjoy staying at the Carolina Inn. I'm a UNC alumnus and I feel at home there. It strains my wallet a bit to stay there, but I've never been sorry I visited.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GlobeTrotterGuy
Reviewed October 20, 2009

The Carolina Inn is a lovely gem of a hotel. We were there for a family wedding. It is a beautiful wedding location oozing with southern charm and hospitality. They have perfect settings for both an inside or outside wedding. On this occasion the weather was iffy so the hotel prepared both the outside and inside venue for last minute decisions. The hospitality offered by all of the staff was amazing. From the moment we arrived we were addressed by name throughout the property. We had a generously sized room and bath but the bath needs more counter space for spreading out toiletries. Location couldn't be better for those visiting the area. Get out and walk around and enjoy the southern charm of a college town in NC. This hotel strives to make itself a comfortable, home away from home among elegant surroundings.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Spent a night at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC. Room was small, very nicely furniched but without many of the amenities a hotel like this shojld have nowadays. Bathroom was very clean, but looked like it had last been updated twenty years ago. Hotel staff friendly and gracious... very Southern. Conference facilities were OK, but could have been updated a bit.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Aloft Chapel Hill
Aloft Chapel Hill
#9 of 18 in Chapel Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro

Been to The Carolina Inn? Share your experiences!