This is a historic hotel (circa 1924) that's been lovingly restored. I've stayed here twice on two different trips. The rooms are nicely decorated and furnished and the bath has high quality goods. The workout room, although small, has several machines, dumb bells (up to 50 lbs) and a heavy bag (never seen one of these at any of the other hotels I've stayed at). The location is two blocks from Franklin Street which is the "main drag" of Chapel Hill and right across from the UNC campus. Lots of restaurants and watering holes (that stay open late) within walking distance. They do not have a swimming pool or spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina. Come experience world-class service, elegantly appointed guest accommodations, superb dining, outstanding meeting and banquet facilities, and an expert staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Carolina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill