The Carolina Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Franklin(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Chapel Hill InnTown(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)
View Hotel
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
1,486 results
All reviewsthe crossroadssouthern charmunc campusfranklin streethistoric hotelfront porchchocolate chip cookiesplace to stayrooms are smallself parkingwonderful staytar heelthe location is perfectfirst rateturn down servicecollege visitbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed one night at the Carolina Inn and, I must say, I am smitten. The staff was hospitable and friendly, from the polite young men at the front entrance holding open doors for guests, to the restaurant and front desk personnel. The housekeeping staff also merits praise for their cheerful demeanor early in the morning. The rooms were a delight: beautifully appointed with lovely fabrics and materials, the perfect mix of updated yet traditional charm. And the bedding! What a cocoon. Bathrooms were bright, fresh and spotless.

Visiting the restaurant and bar area, breakfast was tasty, service was polite and the prices actually reasonable -- at least compared to where I live!

The only drawback was the heating system which alternately blew hot and cold. I was better off shutting the ventilation system overnight than dealing with the temperature fluctuations. I mentioned this to the desk -- hopefully they've looked into it by now. (This problem is likely due to my room's location at the far end of the hallway.)

All in all, I would recommend this property wholeheartedly and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Here for business, and I'm really digging my cozy room. They've done a great job of keeping the unique aspects of an historic hotel, such as the dormer/garret ceiling, while updating with keyless entry, modern bathrooms, soundproofing, and all the electronic appliances you'd want. I also have to applaud their green aspects: dual flush toilet, low flow and nice shower head, and split recycling and trash can. I wish more hotels/inns followed this simple and cost effective approach. Turn down service with chocolates, and checkin cookie (can you tell I was hungry?!). Only minor negatives: not much view from my room and no complimentary shoe shine.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Its always a treat staying at the Carolina Inn. And this time was no different. In addition, it has recently gone through renovations and everything is so fresh and springy! I love the beautiful fabrics, and just the overall atmosphere of everything. The customer service is superb, and the location cannot be beat! Just park your car and get out and walk all over the lovely campus and town of Chapel Hill. Thank you, Carolina Inn, for another wonderful weekend!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My daughter and I were on a mini road trip during her spring break and we booked this hotel for our one night in Chapel Hill. It was just beautiful and practically on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus.

The hotel is brimming with a combination of old and modern Southern charm and we really enjoyed learning its history. We loved the idea of the photos in the hallways honoring professors and alumni of the university.

Our room was a little small but cozy and beautifully decorated. And the bathroom was small (shower no tub) but obviously renovated not that long ago and spotless.

We would not think twice about staying there again, and hope we have the opportunity to do so!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We loved this inn. The reservation staff were awesome, so helpful. The staff at the reception could have been a little more attentive, but were satisfactory. The concierge was very helpful.

Every nook and cranny of the inn is beautiful. The spacious lobby was elaborately yet warmly decorated, and the orchids were beautiful. The hallways were attractive and so fun to wander and look at the historic photos on the walls.

Our room and bathroom were lovely, with sufficient space. We had all the amenities we wanted, and appreciated the nice robes. The bed was so comfortable!

The fitness center was great. The Carolina Crossroads Restaurant was awesome. The food and service were outstanding. There was a nice wine list with reasonable prices.

The location is great, right on the lovely campus and a few minute's walk to Franklin Street with all the shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.

We will certainly stay here again the next time we are in Chapel Hill, even though we have family in the area.