Usually I stay in the Cary area when in NC for business; this time I decided to try the Chapel Hill area and found The Carolina Inn. The hotel had recently gone through renovations and as it was summer break at nearby UNC, we were able to secure a reservation. It far and away exceeded my expectations. Full of Southern, yet contemporary charm, the room was small but loaded with amenities including a wonderfully-comfortable 4-poster bed. I felt like I was staying in an intimate bed and breakfast with tastefully-decorated areas throughout the building to read and relax. Staff and housekeeping attentive and accommodating. Much of the history of UNC is captured in pictures and descriptions in the hallways. The gardens were beautiful and you could easily see why so many couples choose this location for weddings and/or receptions. The food in the restaurant was fabulous and the hotel's location was close not only to UNC, but Franklin St which has a good selection of restaurants and shopping opportunities. I'm not how I would like the proximity of the hotel when school was in full swing, but I can say that is was a terrific place to stay in June. Would definitely work look at staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina. Come experience world-class service, elegantly appointed guest accommodations, superb dining, outstanding meeting and banquet facilities, and an expert staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Carolina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill