What a wonderful southern hotel. You wouldn't know it was a Doubletree Hotel. The Southern decor and ambience makes you believe this is an independent hotel.
The rooms are small, but nicely decorated.
The prices are inflated for game weekends (we were there for a UNC basketball game), but the location is unbeatable. You can walk to football and basketball games. The hotel is in the heart of the UNC campus and you can take great walks touring the campus.
Customer service is unbeatable. Food in the restaurant is good. Nice bar with fire place and friendly bartenders.
If you are going to any event in Chapel Hill - this is a must stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina. Come experience world-class service, elegantly appointed guest accommodations, superb dining, outstanding meeting and banquet facilities, and an expert staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Carolina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill