1,608 results
All reviewsthe crossroadssouthern charmunc campushistoric hotelfranklin streetfront porchchocolate chip cookiesplace to stayrooms are smallself parkingwonderful staytar heelthe location is perfectcollege visitturn down servicebed was very comfortablehistory
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Nice hotel but kind of overpriced. We paid about $200 for a room with 2 doubles on a Wednesday night. The lobbies and rooms were exquisitely decorated and comfortable. If you're sensitive to light you may want to put a blanket at the foot of the door as there was a lot of light coming in from the corridor at night. We were only there for one night. Just one incident upon arrival to our first room made us a little wary; it appeared that although our room was "made up, " someone had used it before we checked in. The toilet was obviously used ;both the seat and inside were "dirty" (I will not go into vulgar details but it was disgusting). Also, there were crumbs on the coffee table along with sticky rings and the magazines had been carelessly dumped onto the floor. It gave us the creeps wondering what else may have gone on in there between the time the room was cleaned and our arrival. The front desk took care of the problem immediately and moved us to another room, apologizing profusely. The new room was perfect. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was average and overpriced; I'll order from the menu next time. A nice advantage to this place is the on site parking. We ate dinner a few blocks away at the casual "Top of the Hill" and loved the food and service. Try the crabcakes!

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed October 12, 2007

While it is quaint, the policy of charging daily for your car as well as heftily for a very small room, is too much.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I was in town for business meetings at UNC, booking and payment were handled directly by the University. Greeted quickly and efficiently by staff despite about 4 parties checking in at the same time. Complimentary warm chocolate chip and walnut cookie hit the spot after a long day of travel and meetings. Would recommend highly to others. Parking was tight, but space could be found and hotel bar was nice as well. Only complaint would be dated tv remote and tv made viewing a little difficult at times.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Hints of old south. Nice place. Good AC. Friendly staff. However,no pool or fun facilities. Good for attending local functions otherwise minimal fun.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuckathome
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in the last week of March 2007. I was visiting UNC (as part of Grad recruitment day) and my stay was paid by the university. Hence, I don't know what was the cost of my stay.

The hotel is owned by and located in UNC. I was visiting the computer science dept there and this hotel is situated right across the street from Sitterson Hall (the building that houses computer science dept).

I had to share the room with two other people. There were two double beds and one cot. The room was not meant for three adults and it was difficult to move around in the room. The bathroom was was a decent size and the overall feel of the room was that of a 3.5* hotel room. In retrospect I feel that if I had stayed there alone my experience would have been a lot more pleasant, although I don't blame my unpleasant experience on the hotel (but rather on the UNC administration who organized the event).

The hotel lobby was nicely decorated. The business centre had two workstations and allowed free Internet access and printing. Everything else was okay. It is a good hotel if your business takes you to UNC. I wonder who would come to Chapel Hill for a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)