“Surprise!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I dine out not out of convenience like so many people, but in a quest for something above average, unique and surprisingly good without paying $75 per person. Our first meal at the Red Lotus in Chapel Hill was just that. I don't have the writing skills to adequately express the difference in the flavor levels of everything we ate. Simply put, excellent. If you do make your way to this restaurant and are inclined to order spicy food, you must try the fried fish plate. It's served as an entrée, but really should be an appetizer. I asked the manager about that and he said that the preparation time was too long and customers would not want to wait. I did a little customizing of the dish myself by asking for plum sauce to counteract or balance the spice taste. Winner! Now the crunch of the fish, the spices, and the sweetness of the plum sauce were in sync.
The service here was great and the place was very clean.

1  Thank bob k

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I decided to try a new Asian restaurant as we were tired of the traditional sugar loaded buffets. We decided to try Red Lotus and was not disappointed. The lunch menu was very reasonably priced and the portions were plenty. We asked our server for recommendations and he did not lead us astray. The food came out hot and was delicious! The wait staff was nice and was greeted within seconds of being seated. Every dish that came out of the kitchen looked liked it was worth trying!! Will definitely recommend and will be returning!

1  Thank L R
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a great lunch place or casual dinner place. Lunch menu is delicious, varied and very reasonably priced. Also quick service

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our favorite dish at Red Lotus is DongPo Pork. This dish can be considered authentic, without being Americanized. When my wife works very hard and needs some comfort Chinese food, I often order DongPo Pork from Red Lotus and take it home to sooth her. There are many other great choices from the Chinese menu, too.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great stop for a meal. A little nicer decor than many asian restaurants and the food is very tasty. Certainly not formal, but a nice restaurant for lunch or dinner with friends or family.