“Great Asian Food in Chapel Hill”

Red Lotus Asian Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #71 of 298 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I decided to try a new Asian restaurant as we were tired of the traditional sugar loaded buffets. We decided to try Red Lotus and was not disappointed. The lunch menu was very reasonably priced and the portions were plenty. We asked our server for recommendations and he did not lead us astray. The food came out hot and was delicious! The wait staff was nice and was greeted within seconds of being seated. Every dish that came out of the kitchen looked liked it was worth trying!! Will definitely recommend and will be returning!

1  Thank L R
There are newer reviews for Red Lotus Asian Kitchen & Bar

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a great lunch place or casual dinner place. Lunch menu is delicious, varied and very reasonably priced. Also quick service

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our favorite dish at Red Lotus is DongPo Pork. This dish can be considered authentic, without being Americanized. When my wife works very hard and needs some comfort Chinese food, I often order DongPo Pork from Red Lotus and take it home to sooth her. There are many other great choices from the Chinese menu, too.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great stop for a meal. A little nicer decor than many asian restaurants and the food is very tasty. Certainly not formal, but a nice restaurant for lunch or dinner with friends or family.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Red Lotus has been in Chapel Hill for about 7 years, and it is a demanding market. They have done well and are always busy! I visited again with my family for a celebratory dinner a few days ago and was reminded why it's one of my favorite restaurants here. Some standard Chinese fare, but well-cooked, well-presented and with fresh ingredients. Sauces not too gooey or salty and very flavorful. Many of the dishes used in season vegetables such as asparagus and string beans in addition to the standard stuff - not cooked too much, nice and firm. Turn a couple pages back and order from the Chinese menu and don't be afraid to ask - my son really enjoyed a pork dish with Shepherd's Purse and our vegetarian had an absolutely stunning bean curd dish. Highly recommended.