“Typical late night grease fest”
Review of Time-Out - CLOSED

Time-Out
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Time-out Is A Chapel Hill Institution Located Downtown On Franklin Street For Over Thirty Years.time-out Is The Only 24 Hours Restaurant With Delivery In Town Open 7 Days A Week. We Are Famous For Our Chicken Cheddar Biscuit And Southern Comfort Food.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went at 3am to get post-partying food. There was a policeman at the door controlling potential rioting partyers, which was a comforting presence imo.

I had the fried chicken, which i'm guilty to say tasted good. The food there is not for the health-conscious. I'd skip out on the biscuits, they're not the best.

There are newer reviews for Time-Out

Reviewed August 26, 2012

There is nothing -- I repeat, nothing -- to compare with the fried chicken from Time Out. Paired with down-home sides, this incredible fried chicken makes a meal the likes of which you will no longer find anywhere else in North Carolina.

1  Thank Samson R
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I saw this on TV and before returning to the airport I knew I had to stop by and check this place out. I had their chicken biscuit with cheddar and included another piece of fried chicken since I read some ratings on how good it was. First of all, I would like to say I am not a fan of chicken breast generally. I find it a little too dry, but this one is pretty juicy. I loved the batter put on the chicken breast and the cheddar gave the little extra flavor in that huge thing they call a biscuit. That portion is more than enough to get you full. However, I feel the fried chicken was better. I haven't tried many southern fried chickens, but from all the places I have eaten, I would put this on top of the list. You have to check this place out!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I wanted a bite to eat before a UNC basketball game. I saw this place on Man Vs Food and it looked so good. I was not disappointed. The chicken biscuit was huge and every bit was delightful. The chicken was good and not dry! The biscuit was buttery! I think the owner even served me my food, amazing! There was UNC stuff all over the walls too which was great before my first visit to the Deandome.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I really like this place, and I've never eaten here while, or after, drinking. They serve very good fried chicken, great biscuits, country fried steak, chicken livers, and the sides are generally good. I would recommend passing on the BBQ, it is obviously not done in house. The Chicken & Cheddar Biscuit is a must try, and it is worth the $4.99 - the biscuit is a true "cat's head" biscuit.

There is not much ambiance here, it is a student and alumni grazing hole, and late night feeder, and it is laid out that way.This is a no waiter, fast food setup with trays of food in a steamtable area. You file past, make your choices, and it is filled immediately The food is good, the prices very reasonable, the service usually quick and efficient. If you want to spend more, but get no better food, and surly service, you can head over to Dip's on Rosemary.