“Great everything! Too bad it's going out of business!”
Review of Jim's Famous Barbecue - CLOSED

Jim's Famous Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I don't know where the other reviewers ate, but the Jim's we went to was perfect! The wait staff was friendly and attentive. The food was just great ... melt in your mouth pulled pork, handmade coleslaw ... shrimp and grits were crazy yummy and the sweet tea was spot on. I don't know ... maybe this was too little too late? I'm not from the area and can only judge Jim's on the one time I've been there, but maybe they weren't up to par on a daily basis. If that's the case, I'm happy to have caught them on a great night. :)

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

What can I say OK bbq, sides-just tolersble. The only thing colder than the bush puppies was the service. Will not go back, cannot recommend to others. A disappointing meal.

1  Thank rowdyrev54
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Sorry Jim, had a bad experience here recently. The quality of the food has gone down since the old days (when it was quite good), the beef brisket not as smokey and tender as it once was. Hope it comes back around!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I have had a lot of great barbecue experiences south of the Mason Dixon Line. We just don't know how to do it up north, and North Carolina and Tennessee seem to have the best. This restaurant does not give you the feel of a real barbecue restaurant, as it has something of a corporate, politically correct feel to it. The service is polite but not warm, and the food is nothing special. The historical stories on the walls are colorful, but they represent the past. I asked the bartender what she recommended for a dessert, and the product did not resemble how she described it. Heavily processed.

The restaurant was almost empty, so I sat at the bar. The service was OK, but the food was not uninspired. The place has potential, but both the food and the staff need some work on creating a unique and satisfying experience.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband asked for the volcano (med, hot or extra hot is classified as mild, volcano and eruption). He said it had hardly any kick at all to it.