“fantastic atmosphere and food quality”
Review of Jujube

Jujube
Reserve with OpenTable
Jujube is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 298 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Jujube offers a unique culinary experience in the Triangle that brings a fusion of Vietnamese, Cantonese, Indian, Indonesian, Japanese and even Hawaiian cuisine infused with the finest Western influenced flavors. We feature an extensive collection of craft beer, a wide variety of wines that elegantly complement our menu, chilled sake from Ginjo to Daiginjo as well as a refreshing assortment of signature cocktails. Escape the ordinary. Come enjoy our harmonious environment where Asian themed decor and soft lantern lighting awaits you. In the warmer months, enjoy dining al fresco on our outdoor patio. At Jujube we aim to bring you an eclectic myriad of tastes in an ambiance that brings together both the beauty of Asian tradition paired with a whimsical modern twist.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I loved this restaurant. The only thing I'd change is to make the peanut sauce a little thinner and the tofu a little crispier. That could just be personal preference.

There are newer reviews for Jujube

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Calling what they serve "almost Asian food" (as they display on the front window) may not give Jujube enough credit. The food was delightful. Our server was very attentive and personable however the service was a little slow. It's definitely a place worth visiting if you're interested in non-traditional Asian food. The appetizers were all fantastic however, the main course was good but not as tasty. The lemongrass hanger steak is a classic dish there, we highly recommend it. One of our family's favorite dessert are the apple goat cheese dumplings. Sadly, they've taken it off the menu. Overall, this is a excellent restaurant!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

As always jujube was hopping--busy and bustling. Their menu is pretty static, but that's because it is all so good and offers great variety.

The hangar steak salad is the smaller version of the evening hanar steak dinner and fantastic.

But, two apps make a great lunch with some fun flavors. The place is easy to get to, VERY efficient service, a fun decor, and good value (for lunch AND dinner).

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in town for a class at UNC and we went as a group. We were seated quickly, drink orders taken nearly immediately and served. There was a nice selection of both beer and wine. The menu is just exotic enough to be interesting but not overwhelming. We ordered apps to share, and apps individually. The portions were large, piping hot and tasty. We had an assortment of soups, salads, rolls, etc and everyone had great things to say about everything we tried. Entrees came quickly, I had a salmon and seafood dish with green curry. It was splendid, very well blanaced with spice and fresh flavor. Unfortunately after diving into so many apps I was only able to eat half of my dish. Price and portions were spot on. Service was fantastic, no drink went empty but we didn't feel rushed. I would recommend and return.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friend recommended Jujube and we really enjoyed it. Veggie rolls were really tasty.Sweet potato dumplings very good. My wife had the Vietnamese noodles and didn't like the pickling flavor. I had a taste and didn't care for it much either. My son enjoyed his hangar steak, and I had a really flavorful dish with mussels in a perfectly spiced broth. Multi-flavored sorbets were nicely done and refreshing.