“Decent food”

Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom
Ranked #96 of 289 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
raleigh, nc
“Decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went with a large party (3 families). Perhaps as a result, the food came out slowly. They actually mixed up our orders and did not put one order into the kitchen. They made up for it by comping the entree, but that was disappointing. The service was otherwise friendly. The food was good, but not the best I've had.

• Visited June 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Pizza Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm always interested in places that serve food late into the night and this is one of them. Lot's of beers on tap and a mostly pizza/calazone menu with some sandwiches and pasta dishes. If you're hungry or thirsty, this is a place that you don't want to miss.

Visited May 2014
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Hmm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friends and I stopped here while on a quick lunch break from a conference. The inside is beautiful and the windows behind the bar open to make it an open air bar. I really wanted to get up and go sit outside at the bar, it was so nice. We all ordered the lunch special that included unlimited salad, unlimited rolls, and a 2 topping individual pizza for $6-$7. I had the caesar salad. It wasn't bad, but I can't say it was anything to write home about either. The rolls were very small, one bite like; I also think they are dipped in butter. And even though the salad and rolls were supposed to be unlimited, the waiter never offered seconds on either one. The pizza was ok, just pizza to me, I had the pan style. My friend had the thin crust. and said that it was the best thin crust she had ever eaten. She even went back a couple of days later she liked the crust so much. So, if you are looking for good thin crust-give it a shot.

• Visited May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“good addition to CH eateries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Though the hot sauce on the pizza caught us off guard, it was still in the Chicago tradition (headed to Chi-town next month for a true taste-check). The waiter traded it in for something more suited to our palate at no charge. Unlike many CH establishments, parking is readily available in the garage next door. This is a great place to stop, get a bite, and watch a game before heading out to cruise Franklin Street/UNC campus.

• Visited April 2014
Morrisville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“boring & forgettable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The service is fine, the pizza is bland. Typical chain restaurant, pushy on the beer. I would sum up my experience as "eh"

1 Thank Utilaa