“Great hotel with an awesome friendly staff!!”

Residence Inn Chapel Hill
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Sparks, NV
“Great hotel with an awesome friendly staff!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I have to say that we enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn so much that I will highly recommend it to everybody. The service is unlike any other place I have ever stayed, it is southern hospitality at it's BEST!! The rooms are very clean and very spacious.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Clinton, NC
Reviewed October 20, 2009

My mom and my sister were here for a conference and I tagged along, so I didn't meet the reception staff but I did meet several of the people, that served breakfast and acted as servers. They were great and efficient. They served us with a smile and even took a moment to chat with us, without interfering with their work. I also met several of the housekeeping staff. I was napping in the room, which is huge, fully stocked and working kitchen and had two large, flat screen t.v.'s. The housekeeper didn't realize I was in there, when I didn't respond. Instead of leaving without doing anything. I was covered up and the other bed was made. Nothing was disturbed and I was not bothered at all. I would recommend this hotel. It is pricey but they even allow dogs so it was worth every penny.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Dora_Bugg83
SC
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We were very pleased with the Residence Inn in Chapel Hill. We've stayed at many RI's and Marriott Courtyards because we know we can count on them, but this particular hotel was hands down the nicest, cleanest, and had the friendliest staff. Top drawer from the well appointed and exceptionally clean room, to the spacious bathroom sink counter and fully functional kitchen, to the wide halls, the lovely reception area, the beautiful pool and courtyard, and their excellent breakfast, and of course their service. We've never known a General Manager to see how we liked being at his hotel or clear our breakfast dishes before! We know that whenever we are back to Chapel Hill, this will be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PastorZ
North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I would highly recommend this place. The suites are very large, with full kitchens (no oven), living room and bedroom. It was very clean and extremely quiet. The pool area is well maintained and again quiet. The staff was very professional and helpful, especially the woman who maintained the breakfast area. The hot cooked breakfasts were delicious and filling and the evening receptions were very nice as well. The only suggestion would be to provide a place/pole where you can secure your laptop cable in the room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NCtraveler06
Asheville
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The first step into the hotel u will know you are in a very nice place but does it in there?
Not here it is all just as your first step into the hotel. The staff no matter what there titles are will go out of there way to make sure you are satisfied and you are the VIP no matter how many guests they are. The best thing I can say you will want to take the staff and the hotel with you where ever you go, on a scale of 1-10 this is not justice it should be 100 on its review.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank askAsheville
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We have stayed at quite a few "suite" hotels in the US and this was the best so far. Everything was spotlessly clean and the our one bedroom suite nicely and trendily decorated and furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable and the kitchen well equipped. Added bonus of a lovely warm outdoor swimming pool for a sunbathe and swim in the morning and soup salad and wine upon our arrival on Thursday evening. All of the staff were very friendly helpful and efficient and we liked the way that they all (including it seemed the manager) lent a hand at breakfast to make sure that there was no hanging around for tables or top ups. A first rate experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Midwest
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I found the desk staff to be quite officious, not at all accommodating. This was the third year I had stayed there, and the staff was, by far, the worst I have experienced in any Marriott property. I will not stay at this property again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business