Residence Inn Chapel Hill
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$110
Sheraton.com
$107
$74
The Franklin(Chapel Hill)
$181
Curio.com
The Carolina Inn(Chapel Hill)
$202
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$102
HIExpress.com
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$67
Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$119
Courtyard
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$125
Aloft.com
  • Pool
$179
$175
Travelocity
All reviewsfull kitchenputting greenfront deskgranite countertopssmall kitchenliving roomduke basketballany requestssink areapool tablewhole foodsexcellent breakfastfire pithome away from homeyogurtfree breakfastthe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Bedding very, very thin and cheap, sink area open to bedroom area, bathroom area cramped shower has no shelves, kitchen area open to bedroom area. Home wood Suites down the road is much nicer. The Courtyard Marriot next exit down the highway is also much much nicer, more friendly and professional then the staff here for far less cost. If I cannot stay at the Hilton Homewood on 15/ 501 next time I will not come here for sure but use the Courtyard Marriot. They have a lot of work to do with staff hospitality and the bedding. Do not take my word for it, just try checking in to both Marriott’s that are within a few miles of each other. It is so clear it will blow you away.

The room layout which does not allow one person to get up and move around without disturbing someone else trying to sleep. The bathroom sink area lighting shines right into the bedroom. Hilton's Homewood down the road has their door between the bath, toilet, sink area and the bedroom.

I have stayed in this area 20 times in the last year and this was the first time here. I was planning a future trip for friends and family to get together and thought the Residence Inn would be a step up. I was wrong, no way will I come back here, and my room this stay was free on points that were wasted.
In my mind free quality internet should be a given their Internet was good (not wifi) but I had to request a cord from the front desk and was lucky to get one bring your own hook up cord.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
GM27617, General Manager at Residence Inn Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your most recent visit to the area! Your feedback is greatly valued. It is our goal to ensure that we meet our guests expectations during each visit. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your stay and gather more valuable feedback to share with our team. We take pride in our customer service and have set a high standard as a Platinum award winning hotel in overall customer service. We also want to thank you for being loyal to the Marriott Brand and using another Marriott product in the area. Each hotel prides itself on providing identical brand standard quality bedding and exceptional service. Please feel free to contact me directly at the main hotel's phone number.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

This hotel is beautiful, modern, comfortable & amazingly clean! The staff is very nice and professional. There is an awesome pool, fire pit in the outdoor area with plenty of seating for cooler nights, nice restraunt and bar area with great food, pool table, etc. There is also an excellent complimentary breakfast! I seriously wanted to take the bed home with me, it was THAT comforable!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent visit to Chapel Hill! We look forward to hosting you in the future and will provide the same quality product and exceptional service that you have come to expect. Thank you for your valuable feedack and the support you have given our hotel and our team!

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is exactly what you expect from a hotel - good price and clean and up to date. I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but upon check in and check out, they were very pleasant. Great location, close to UNC, which is where I went while visiting here. It was also close to several restaurants including Carino's and PF Changs. Everything in the room seemed brand new.

My two complaints are really insignificant - I couldn't close one of the curtains all the way, so the outside light came in my window all night AND the work out room left a little to be desired. There were only two treadmills and an elliptical.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Chapel Hill! We value our guests and your feedback! I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and provide an excellent stay. I will share your feedback with our team. We hope to have the opportunity to provide hotel accomodations in the future and look forward to providing an exceptional product and outstanding customer service! Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any questions or need future reservations.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Nice place to stay; like a small apartment. Warm buffet breakfast that varies daily.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at the Residence Chapel Hill! I am glad to see you enjoyed our room layout and hotel accomodations. We are fortunate to have the ability to offer all fully equipped spacious suites! If you have any questions or need future reservations please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

This Hotel by far is the best hotel around. I will never stay anywhere else again. You get your money worth that's for sure. I would suggest that if your a smoker to get the Balcony. It's only 10 extra dollars but worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends