The Franklin
Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$113
Sheraton.com
Rizzo Center(Chapel Hill)
$199
$149
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

$69
The Carolina Inn(Chapel Hill)
$199
$119
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

Courtyard Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$105
Aloft Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)
$124
$105
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$109
HIExpress.com
Chapel Hill University Inn(Chapel Hill)(Great Value!)
$59
$119
$156
Orbitz.com
All reviewsgreat locationpillow menumade to order breakfastparking garagewalking distancelovely hotelboutique hotelcollege towncookiesunc campuseach morningrooms are spaciousking bedturn down servicedefinitely stay here againfront desk staffcarolina inn
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We visited Chapel Hill to see a Tar Heels game. I wanted to stay in a wonderful hotel and we hit the jack pot. The Franklin is absolutely perfect. From the start, the lovely people at the front desk offered us freshly baked warm cookies as we registered. Our room was ready and we found it perfectly appointed. Our king sized bed had luxurious linens with a feather comforter, and the sofa had a heavy weighted knitted throw draped over the arm. Nice touch! The bath was terrific with a very large tiled shower. The towels were so thick and heavy, loved them!
We were told there was a shuttle to The Smith Center so an hour before game time we went to the desk to be shuttled. The shuttle only holds 7 so we had to wait our turn. Well it was raining and the shuttle was tied up in traffic so we were going to be late. Alicia at the front desk offered to drive us in her car, so nice. But just in time one of the gentleman at the desk called "Ike" the cab driver and owner of his cab company, and Ike arrived in time to take us to the game. Ike then picked us up and brought us back too. Great suggestion to have Ike shuttle us!
Breakfast was the bomb in the morning!!! A beautiful 3 egg omelet, waffles with fresh fruit, sausage, bacon, juice, coffee, biscuit, potatoes, and all was included as courtesy.
A lovely stay with lovely people. We will definitely stay at The Franklin with our next visit to Chapel Hill.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NandJfun
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hi there NandJfun,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your stay with us at The Franklin. We're glad you found that our hotel fit the bill for you.

You mentioned all the amenities that are favorites among our guests - the luxurious bedding, spa shower, plush towels, and cooked to order breakfast. So we are happy to hear that you also enjoyed those very things.

We are disappointed that we couldn't drive you to the Smith Center ourselves due to the traffic delay, but are comforted to know that Ike was able to come to the rescue and get you to the game in time.

I'm sure that Alicia and Daniel will both be more than ready to give you a ride around town if you need on your next visit!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a lovely hotel right downtown in Chapel Hill within walking distance of almost all restaurants and places you would want to see. Free parking. Old hotel building that has been completely renovated. very nice and comfortable. Never stayed at the historic Carolina Inn but this is a modern hotel in an historic buiding where you can leave your car behind and stroll the streets (literally two, I recall) was a wonderful choice. the restaurant looked nice but you'll want to sample the great cuisines in all the nearby restaurants. used this hotel as a base to explore CH, Durham, Raleigh. Worked peerfectly for all and was happy that we had picked CH as the base ( most charming).

Room Tip: Even the room overlooking the main street was quiet, maybe because it was summer.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hi there Tigercat1,

Thanks for your kind words about our hotel. We are all very glad you picked Chapel Hill as your base, and that you were happy with your choice to stay at The Franklin.

You're right that there are tons of great restaurant options just steps from our front door - so we always encourage guests to go sample the many cuisines available. But we'd love for you to try the complimentary cooked to order breakfast in our restaurant, Windows, next time you're with us. I recommend the French toast - it's terrific.

The summertime is usually pretty quiet in Chapel Hill. While that's a nice ambience, a visit during the fall will let you see how bustling this downtown is when it comes alive in the height of the UNC school session and football season. Hope you can make it back soon!

Take care,

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at this hotel though I considerate pricey I enjoy treating myself to it occasionally. The lobby is small but you can park on the very ground level covered parking and access a back entrance that takes you
directly to the elevator up to your room. I really like that degree of privacy a lot! There is a choice of room types ...to treat yourself stay in one of the larger king rooms overlooking Franklin Street. They have nice spacious enclosed balconies with
a table and chairs for four. The glass doors opening out to the balcony are heavy duty enough that you do not hear the noise from the busy street. Franklin street itself is another reason I like indulging myself in this hotel ! Right adjacent to The University of NC the Main Street is an eccentric mix of quirky shops( ie vintage clothing , used books, smoke shops,gift shops tee shirt emporiums, fancy linens, designer clothing .. Aveda spa .. Etc) the restaurants are too many to mention but there is every type food imaginable... All within easy walking distance ) if eating and browsing the funky shops isn't entertainment enough just take a seat on one of the benches, walk the beautiful UNC campus , and enjoy people watching!
Back at the hotel, the beds are uber comfy, the bathrooms

sleek and well stocked with thick fluffy towels and bathrobes and small touches that add an elegant yet homey feel. Last time I stayed I wanted to save a little money so I stayed in a mini king on the top floor backside overlooking a small parking lit and trees. The room is much smaller than the reg king but the balconies are just as nice and it is more of a serene setting. I also enjoy the layout of the lounges on each floor providing sofas and chairs in an open atrium design. A nice place to step out of your room to relax,read a book, meet up with friends, or catch up on work.
I unfortunately never had time to sample the cooked to order breakfast included in the price of my stay ,wishing the hours extended later into the morning.
I will be back to this very comfortable elegant quiet Boutique hotel ! Do book early if you are planning to visit during events at the university as they are usually sold out weeks sometime months in advance.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Hi there vagabondCvilleva,

Wow, what a wonderfully detailed description you gave of The Franklin Hotel. We're so glad that you were able to enjoy all of the many amenities the hotel offers, and make use of the various spaces available to work and relax.

And since you seem fond of everything downtown Franklin Street has to offer, our unique location is the perfect fit for you!

We thank you so much for choosing our hotel again and again - we look forward to having you with us very soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I loved staying here. I was in town for only one night for a business meeting and I wish I could have stayed longer. The room was gorgeous. Everything was clean. It would have been wonderful to be able to use the balcony but the weather wouldn't cooperate (it rained the entire time I was there). The front desk and dining staff were friendly and the breakfast (which was included during my stay, but not entirely sure if that happens regularly) was great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Chapel Hill.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello mikeandstephtravel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Franklin Hotel. Our mission is to make our guests fall in love with our hotel, so your use of the word "love" really got us excited! We hope that you'll get to enjoy some beautiful Chapel Hill sunshine on your next visit, and make good use of the balcony.

The hot, cooked to order breakfast is a favorite among our guests, and is always included in the room rate for all guests of The Franklin. We appreciate your vote of confidence in recommending our hotel to others visiting Chapel Hill.

We hope to see you again on a sunny day!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I could get long winded about how nice this place is but I will just say that it exceed expectations in every way. From the moment I walked in I was welcomed. Even at check in I was asked what could possibly make this the best stay. I was lucky enough to be staying on the Holiday window display unveiling and lighting debut which made the visit very special. The room was immaculate and the morning full-service breakfast was perfect. I can't recommend this place enough. Stay here when in Chapel Hill...I know I will!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

UltraStar175,

Thank for your positive comments about The Franklin Hotel. You certainly stayed during an exciting time when we were unveiling our holiday window displays. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to having you with us again soon.

We appreciate your recommendation!

Thanks,