“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Macomb, Michigan
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I loved staying here. I was in town for only one night for a business meeting and I wish I could have stayed longer. The room was gorgeous. Everything was clean. It would have been wonderful to be able to use the balcony but the weather wouldn't cooperate (it rained the entire time I was there). The front desk and dining staff were friendly and the breakfast (which was included during my stay, but not entirely sure if that happens regularly) was great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Chapel Hill.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello mikeandstephtravel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Franklin Hotel. Our mission is to make our guests fall in love with our hotel, so your use of the word "love" really got us excited! We hope that you'll get to enjoy some beautiful Chapel Hill sunshine on your next visit, and make good use of the balcony.

The hot, cooked to order breakfast is a favorite among our guests, and is always included in the room rate for all guests of The Franklin. We appreciate your vote of confidence in recommending our hotel to others visiting Chapel Hill.

We hope to see you again on a sunny day!
Jay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Winston-Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I could get long winded about how nice this place is but I will just say that it exceed expectations in every way. From the moment I walked in I was welcomed. Even at check in I was asked what could possibly make this the best stay. I was lucky enough to be staying on the Holiday window display unveiling and lighting debut which made the visit very special. The room was immaculate and the morning full-service breakfast was perfect. I can't recommend this place enough. Stay here when in Chapel Hill...I know I will!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
UltraStar175,

Thank for your positive comments about The Franklin Hotel. You certainly stayed during an exciting time when we were unveiling our holiday window displays. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and look forward to having you with us again soon.

We appreciate your recommendation!

Thanks,
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Watched this hotel being built. Then we move away from Chapel Hill. This visit back e decided to stay here. Great decision. Beautiful boutique hotel with great service. rooms great, small fitness center but great location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hi there iamstoked22,

Thanks for sharing your comments. I'm so glad that you came back to stay at The Franklin on your visit back to your old neighborhood, and that you enjoyed our central downtown location and service.

I know the fitness center is limited, but I hope that you found all the equipment and amenities to offer you just what you needed, and that you didn't have to wait to use anything. If there are any other arrangements we can make for you with fitness facilities on your next visit, please let us know so we can make it happen. You can contact me directly at jay@franklinhotelnc.com or your personal host (Kelly Lengyel) at kelly@franklinhotelnc.com.

Take care!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I just loved staying here. This was a quick stay for work and I felt right at home. Chapel Hill is such a great college town, and Franklin Street is full of great shops, places to eat and a little live music as well.

The staff here is so friendly and had a great dinner recommendation. They even had a sound maker delivered to my door because I mentioned I'm a light sleeper.

The rooms are great. A sofa, comfy bed and large stand up shower are standard here, as are tasteful lamps, a built in audio system and granite tops on the counters and a few furniture pieces.

This is much nicer than a Marriott or Hilton and also has great charm. Some of the room furnishings and finishes are teetering on being close to Ritz Carlton quality. I loved my stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ittessot
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello ittessot,

Thanks for your comments! No doubt that we love Franklin Street, but we really love when out of towners feel at home here.

It sounds like you were able to thoroughly enjoy all the hotel amenities as well as the local area. Glad you enjoyed the dining experience, and that the sound maker was helpful.

If you'd like to connect with your personal host (Kelly Lengyel, kelly@franklinhotelnc.com), she will be sure to make note of your information so that we can have the same machine ready for you on your future stays.

Sure hope to have you with us again!
Lewistown, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Franklin continues to be our favorite of several excellent properties in the Chapel Hill area. Its location and amenities (breakfast, weight room, service) are excellent. The staff is helpful, courteous, competent. The breakfast is different than the usual hotel/motel fare - quality food served to you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dave B,

Thanks for your comments - it's comforting to know that you consider The Franklin one of your favorites in the area, and that you continue to stay with us.

We'll keep working hard to make sure we never give you a reason to leave.

Hope to have you back soon!
Chapel Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you want to be able to walk in downtown Chapel Hill. I came to take my student out for their birthday and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Staff was great and they include a made to order breakfast instead of a buffet which was excellent!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Hello there mtsbsmith!

Thanks for sharing your experience from The Franklin Hotel. I'm glad that you found our location to be convenient for you to walk wherever you wanted to go.

And the cooked to order breakfast is a treat we love making available to all our guests - we're happy that you enjoyed it.

Hope that you'll be back to stay with us again on your next visit to Chapel Hill!

Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Almost perfect.

If it had: a fan in the bathroom, hooks to hang the towels as well as shelves, a bathtub as well as a shower.....it would be perfect.

Other luxuries it has however include: music channel in the room with surround sound, a button to press for housekeeping services or do not disturb, fresh water bottle placed in the good sized half fridge, a lovely new TV, evening bed breakdown with chocolate, powerful electric makeup mirror, terry cloth bathrobes, and more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay P, General Manager at The Franklin, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hi there integrity,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. You're right about the lack of towel hooks in the bathroom - we've heard the same from many other of our guests also! We are working on a plan to install those in all guest rooms for a more convenient shower experience. The exhaust fan in the bathroom is located on the roof of the building, and it is always pulling from the bathrooms continuously. However, you're right that there is no switch and individual motor located in the room.

Because of our limited space in the downtown location, we decided not to include bathtubs in the design of the room - I'm sorry that we are not able to accommodate that for you here, and hope that you found the spa shower amenities to be enjoyable.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, so we can work to make the experience better for all guests. Thank you!