“New Digital Projection System”

Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
Ranked #7 of 46 things to do in Chapel Hill
More attraction details
Owner description: Educational and entertaining programs for all ages that teach and explore the science of the universe.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

...which was awesome. All the projectors were hidden around the periphery of the planetarium. The monster Zeiss projector that used to sit in the middle is gone. (Which I understand has been banished to the attic. KInda sad really. A historic piece of equipment used to train the astronauts. Nobody wanted it. Not even the airport.)

Anyway, the new system eliminates any limitations that the old optical system had. Really amazing. You have to see it to believe it.

Cool gift shop as well. Reasonably priced with all kinds of space and NASA related stuff.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My 9 year old has been to the planetarium many times and loves it. She enjoys being able to watch the shows and then ask thoughtful questions and I love that she's getting good interesting information that she can really think about. They also have a Magic Tree House show for younger kids that I will be taking my 4 year old to soon. We are reading the series and I know he would LOVE it!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is awesome. Great day out for the kiddos. They have age appropriate themes and the pricing is worth it. My kids all enjoyed the Magic Treehouse visit. All kids know those Jack and Annie stories and they blended it nicely with the planetarium and made a great atmosphere for learning. Awesome place!

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I've been there 4 times and have always enjoyed the shows. Nice place with nice staff. I miss living in the ChapelHill area and especially Franklin Street.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Wow..it's amazing to have this full planetarium nearby your home..The staffs are wonderful, knowledgeable. They have some indoor shows as well as the outdoors, make sure you follow their website/facebook page. We have one time great and memorable experiences with them when we saw the geminid meteor las year..it was awesome!

2  Thank pollarstar