“Has a Raleigh location and it's terrific”

Nantucket Cafe & Grill
Ranked #27 of 295 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Raleigh, nc
“Has a Raleigh location and it's terrific”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Nantucket Grille has a location in Raleigh, North Carolina which is in our neighborhood and a wonderful addition. The value is fabulous with free children's meal on specific days and free dessert and specials. If you want a good meal for a good price served by competent staff, this is a good place for a meal. It has outdoor seating, a bar area and restaurant.

• Visited August 2011

Southwest, Florida
“The End is Better than the Journey”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

In town for a conference and staying at the Hampton Inn close by so stopped in here for Dinner. The fresh baked bread is really great. Had the spinach artichoke dip appetizer, totally bland, no flavor at all. Our dinner came out after we had taken about two bites of the appetizer so timing was not good, but at least we had something to eat at that point. I had the steak special and it was fine, not bad, but no Long Horns steak. Son had a seaford pasta dish which was fine, but nothing to write home about. The best part of the meal was the dessert, out of this world, we had coconut cake and chocolate cake with peanut butter filling. I would highly recommend this place for lunch or anytime for a dessert. It is fine for dinner but nothing special.

• Visited July 2011
Tokyo
“Good food amazing!!!! desserts”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We had dinner here because it was near the Hampton Inn (a good choice if you are in Chapel Hill) and the kids didn't want to stop swimming. By the time we got them dressed we were tired and it was getting late and we saw this across the street. We'd never heard of it and didn't know it was a chain until I came on Trip Advisor today. It has the feel of a stand alone restaurant. It is large, very busy with lots of regulars, but we didn't have to wait for a table on a Saturday night. We had some problems getting a server assigned to us so it took awhile to put in our order and our food came much slower than the people around us, but the staff were all pleasant and the food was good and we had a peek at the desserts when we came into the restaurant so we were extremely motivated to tough it out! All the food was good but my sons fish fingers from the kids meal was a particularly good choice. Better than usual kids' meals. Then comes dessert. I could not begin to list all the choices, but the next morning my son wanted to go back for breakfast. I'm not even sure they are open for breakfast but he just wanted dessert. They have free samples in the lobby so the kids had some of those and we ordered four different cakes to take back to our hotel. My husband's was included with his meal. A terrific deal. Our total cost, without tip was $53.00, less than we paid for lunch in a dive earlier that day.

• Visited July 2011
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Food and Desserts”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family has always loved Nantucket, and am even more excited about the new location in North Raleigh. The staff is always friendly and the food is great! The atmosphere is relaxed, yet sophisticated- great for casual dining or business. The french fries are fantastic, as are the crab cakes and prime rib. Saturday nights, diners receive a free slice of their tall cakes with the purchase of an adult entree. MY favorite cake is the coconut, followed by the carrot in a close second. A definite venue to try if in the Raleigh area.

• Visited June 2011
Outer Banks, NC
“New England flavors, Southern charm, very affordable”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My wife and I have been to Nantucket several times whenever we travel to UNC for medical treatments. Being from Boston, my wife is very particular about New England style cuisine, and she is totally blown away by this place! The dishes are so well crafted, so elegantly served, and so large it's amazing that they can do it so perfectly and then charge no more than you'd find in your average run-of-the-mill eatery.
One of my very faves is Nantucket Seafood Pasta; living on the North Carolina coast, I rarely look at seafood when I'm inland as far as Chapel Hill, but the Nantucket kitchen puts out such an outstanding entree with shrimp, scallops, and calamari that it rivals the best we have on the Outer Banks--and much less expensive.
Lunch: order at the register and the server brings your order to your table. For dinner you're seated and a server takes and serves your order. Full bar with a nice wine list and good choice of draft and bottled beers.
We have heard that the owner(s) are from Massachusetts, that could explain why they know how to prepare good seafood.

• Visited May 2011