“Good location for tennis and Friday centers.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Chapel Hill

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Mountain Park, NC
“Good location for tennis and Friday centers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Room was comfortable but room was missing a mini fridge. Slow elevator. Free wifi. Attractive lobby, bar, breakfast area. Plenty of parking. In a less congested area than 15-501 but easy access to Mall, main campus, Franklin Street.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Hotel is only a few minutes from Carolina's campus, and is set back in some trees and provides a great area to walk/jog if you desire. The hotel rooms were really nice and liked that the sink area is separate than the shower/toilet. Staff was amazing. Super friendly. Liked the Carolina decorations in the lobby and the great pictures in different places in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the courtyard Marriott in Chapel Hill, NC. I ended up canceling a reservation at another hotel last second, and did not book the Courtyard until 6am on the day of arrival. I arrived around 11am, and Jarrod at the front desk apologized for my room not being ready (I didn't expect it to be as check in is at 3pm). I simply ate lunch and used the free wi-fi in the lobby while I waited. Jarrod promptly informed me when my room was ready (well before 3pm) and gave me a voucher for free breakfast in exchange for my wait. I got upgraded to a king suite (separate living room, king bedroom, and two baths). All I can say is I wish I had extended my stay. Nice hotel, great location, and exceptional customer service, especially Jarrod and the bartender Rousell. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here for business in March 2014. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The amenities in the lobby (bar, Starbucks) were a nice touch. Convenience to Chapel Hill and UNC were very good, and overall this property gets an Excellent rating from me. I concur with others who said the property is clean, quiet, and efficient. Add a friendly staff on top of that and this hotel is very welcoming.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while touring UNC. It is very close to the school, not walking distance, but a short drive. The hotel is very clean, the room was spacious and the breakfast in the morning is very good. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Wardell, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This wasn't the first time that we stayed here. That's why this motel was our first choice when we had to return. The motel is very clean, quiet, efficient, and can provide most anything one would need while traveling. Most of all, the staff were so very friendly, which made us feel welcomed immediately.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently stayed here while my husband was in Chapel Hill hospital for 6nights.Being as
Stressed as I was everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.Jarrod at
the front desk always greeted me with a big smile and asked if I was ok.I so looked forward
To going to the bar when I would get back at 8 pm after being at the hospital all day,and
Rasool the bartender would talk to me and get me some dinner.I have never felt so comfortable
and cared for anywhere else where I have traveled.I look forward to a return visit soon!

Green Features: I agree with all their practices.there is no reason why sheets need to be changed every day!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo