“Excellence !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellence !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently stayed here while my husband was in Chapel Hill hospital for 6nights.Being as
Stressed as I was everyone went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.Jarrod at
the front desk always greeted me with a big smile and asked if I was ok.I so looked forward
To going to the bar when I would get back at 8 pm after being at the hospital all day,and
Rasool the bartender would talk to me and get me some dinner.I have never felt so comfortable
and cared for anywhere else where I have traveled.I look forward to a return visit soon!

Green Features: I agree with all their practices.there is no reason why sheets need to be changed every day!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed here for the second time recently and - while some things about this property ring "typical Courtyard," there are several worth noting that raise it to a higher level. For starters, it's nicely tucked away in a little plot slightly off a fairly busy road (vs. many Courtyards right off the highway or seemingly placed wherever one might fit). This location means while it's near everything - it also has peaceful surroundings. Second, the staff here really is excellent. Helpful with directions, helpful with business-type service requests, always pleasant and available. Finally, they have a decent bar and what I'll call an expanded seating area. The rooms here are "typical Courtyard" - which is to say they're decent-sized, decent beds/furnishings and clean. Nothing spectacular but certainly nothing wrong. Have stayed at higher priced hotels in Chapel Hill and find this to be one of the better options, all things considered.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kaysville, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nestled in a park of forest-like setting, this is a gorgeous property! The staff was great, and the rooms, although typical of the renovated Courtyard, were clean, comfortable, quiet and welcoming. The new Bistro had good food, and again the service was great. Close to the UNC campus.
Worthy of consideration for your next stop in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are looking forward to your next visit to Chapel Hill.
Zionville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family has made it a tradition staying at the Courtyard/Chapel Hill for about five years. We try to get down the mountain to see a Carolina basketball game each year, and this is our choice to stay. Our first experience was outstanding, and so have the subsequent visits.

Two of the main things that I look for in a hotel is safety and security. Both are outstanding at this hotel. The staff obviously takes pride in the cleanliness of the hotel, both in the rooms and around the facility. Not only was the room spotless, but so were other areas like the pool and lobby. As for security, the rooms are key card entry. I've never felt insecure here.

Location is another plus with this hotel. It is on the outskirts of Chapel Hill, so you're about five minutes (minus traffic) away from the downtown/campus area. It's located in a nice area, right across from the Friday Center. The interstate is also about five minutes away.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. One thing that we did different this time was to rent one of their larger rooms. With a family of five and the kids getting bigger, we wanted the extra space. This room had a sleeper sofa, king bed, and loads of floor space. The manager checking us in realized that the number of beds and guests didn't match, and offered us a double queen room for our comfort. We were fine though, because we had brought an air mattress. I was impressed though that the manager was so quick to catch this. The room was amazing. As one of my kids noted, "It's bigger than our house." That might be a stretch, but it was big and certainly worth a few extra bucks for our convenience.

Our kids took advantage of the pool a couple of times as well. It's not very big, but we were the only ones it it. It has a really nice/warm hot tub as well. Towels are provided free of charge, which is another perk.

In my visits to this hotel, I have noticed that many of the guests seem to be businessmen. I guess it's location lends to that, but I'm really surprised that we haven't seen more families around. It works great for ours.

If you are planning on visiting for a Carolina basketball or football game, a shuttle runs from the Friday Center (across the street) right to the area/stadium. There is a fee, but you can beat the front door service. A wristband is provided for the return trip. We use this service and leave our car parked at the hotel. Just be careful crossing the street to the Friday Center.

All in all, we loved our recent stay just like all of the rest. I can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: They have a few larger rooms available. This was great for our family of five.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We are take pride in ensuring all our guests have a great stay. I look forward to sharing your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chapel Hill!
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location which is close to UNC campus. Lobby is nice with small bar area for cocktails and pub food. Rooms are nice but not updated. My room was ready and it was exactly what my reservation was for, two beds. My friend, also a platinum member, made reservation for two beds and was given one king....with just an apology no discount or points. Front desk staff were very nice and friendly. Definitely a THREE star place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Oak island ,NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Chapel Hill on New years Eve and attended a basketball game at the Smith Center.Transportation to the ballgame was provided by the TarHill Express bus which picked up across the street at The Friday Center for a nominal fee. This was nice because it saved us from finding parking and having to walk a long way on a cold night. It was nice to enjoy the indoor pool after the game also. We had a great time and will stay there again. Be prepared though, there is not complimentary coffee in the lobby anymore. They have Starbucks now. Great coffee, but you have to pay for it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking out time to share your experience. We are glad that you stayed with us during one of the popular Game weekends. Our Indoor Pool is quite an attraction during the winter season and we are delighted you could enjoy the facilities. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Bethesda, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here twice in a four week period. Great location for us to visit family. Staff is enthusiastic and eager to please. However, on one visit, the bedding for the rollaway was stained and was covered with multiple, different colored hairs. The cutlery at breakfast was encrusted with food. On the other visit, our request for a rollaway and for foam pillows left us waiting for half an hour late at night, as the room had not been equipped with our requests.
I like this hotel because it has large rooms that can accommodate our family of four. But, I'm thinking about trying the Aloft down the road next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sandra W, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard Chapel Hill. Your experiences with cleanliness issues as it related to your room and breakfast are completely unsatisfactory and not the impression we would like for our guest to leave with. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Our goal is to address your concerns immediately to ensure your future visits with us are exceptional! You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Please contact me directly for your next reservation.