“Good salsa” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Good salsa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stopped for dinner and was seated quickly. I like the salsa and thought it was very good. The food was tasty and the prices were good. The service was a little slack. The server was more interested in talking to friends at another table. I might stop in again the next time I am in town.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Very good Mexican food, excellent prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We lived in NM for a long time and I really missed the Tex-Mex and Mexican food you can get in NM (my favorite being chile relleno) when we move to North Carolina. We live close to La Hacienda, but I had never tried the restaurant until recently for a dinner with few friends. Everyone at the table (total 12-14 of us) loved their food, and the price is just excellent considering high prices in Chapel Hill. I do recommend this place since the food is so good, the only down side is that you need to be clear on your order (unless you are good in ordering in Spanish). The best way is to show them the item you want on the menu if your waitress/waiter does not speak English very well.

• Visited July 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Vegan meal and fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our Sheraton hotel let us down for lunch, so we hurriedly ran into this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon for a quick vegan meal before a wedding. Not only was the food wonderful, but the service was fast and the bill was cheap! We were pleasantly surprised at this gem.

• Visited March 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Good Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Lots of seating, good service, big menu, good food and margaritas! Especially like their chipotle shrimp. Seating inside and out.

Visited October 2012
Beckley, West Virginia
“One of the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

When I visit other towns, I seek out Mexican restaurants to compare their food with my favorite here at home. This is the first time that I've found a place that makes chimichangas even close to as tasty as the ones at Campestre.

The building is surprisingly large inside, fairly typical for a Mexican restaurant, and very clean. The waiter that served me was friendly and attentive without hovering, and the price of my chimis was very reasonable. The chips were very tender and crispy, and the salsa was a bit spicy, just the way I like it. When my chimis were brought, there was an enourmous mound of rice and two perfectly prepared beef chimichangas. The beef inside was very flavorful, and I was very pleased with my meal.

I will go back over and over, I'm sure!

• Visited January 2013