“Good food & comfortable atmosphere”
Review of Mama Dip's

Mama Dip's
Ranked #44 of 293 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Marietta, Georgia
“Good food & comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Servers were pleasant but forget the sides selections for 3 of the 6 of our party. But, they did promptly bring us our correct selections. The food was good and very well seasoned.

• Visited July 2012

Greensboro, NC
“Good food...but, a bit pricey!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had chicken fried steak, fried chicken, baked chicken with rice in a sauce mashed potatoes and gravy, zucchini casserole, bread pudding, fried green tomatoes.
I have never had fried green tomatoes and really liked them! Bread pudding had a spice in it that didn't belong, maybe nutmeg? (I always use cinnamon in mine) Zucchini casserole was delicious.
Everything was good! You just need to be prepared to spend about $15 per person! We took our son to lunch and it was $55 for 3 people, not including the tip! Next time we will take him to a steak house for lunch and get a filet mignon for the same price!

• Visited February 2013
Snow Camp, N.C.
“Wish I could get there more often.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a good ways from where I live but when I'm in the area I have to go to mama dip's. If you like good ol' southern cooking......(makes my mouth water to think about it) you are gonna luv mama dip's. Another place I would eat at everyday if I could!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Southern Home-Style and Soul Food: A UNC Student Tradition”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Not gourmet but real food and real filling.
UNC students have made it a long tradition. Very casual and laid-back, and not too expensive.

Visited April 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Greasy food... not good Southern cuisine.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I generally enjoy a good Southern meal as much as the next girl, but this food was awful. I had the chicken and dumplings and fried okra, and the okra was stringy and super greasy. The chicken and dumplings were also greasy, somehow, and lacked flavor. The dumplings were super chewy and rubbery. The service was extremely slow as well. Also, the entire meal was overpriced. It was about $15 for food that I could make better at home for much less money.

Visited March 2012