“The more....”

Carolina Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Trieste
“The more....”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I worked here back in the eighties...not much had changed instead of Pachelbel i get flat screen tv...but food great and Service friendly ,...the more things change the more they stay the same! Gary B.

Paris, France
“My favorite Chapel Hill spot”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've been going to that joint for ever and I've always loved it. Their burgers are delicious and their chocolate brownie is to die for. When I lived in CH, I'd always take my friends there when they came to visit because it was such an excellent spot !!

• Visited April 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Value for money & a nice afternoon”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A charming cafe circa 1920s, apparently with a long local presense. It needs a little loving care but still has that feel - dark hardwood interior, dim lighting and heavy high backed booths. A few students in there doing homework. Quiet and inviting in Chapel Hill, Franklin Street, central.

This was the 2nd time my husband and I had been. The food is EXCEPTIONAL and the cost reasonable. I had a tuna steak sandwich with wasabi mayo and teriyaki sauce - everything was perfect. Pink in the middle just as I asked. My husband had a Mexican burger, he was very pleased and it was cooked perfectly. We got away for $20. The waiter said he always looks forward to working there so he can have his dinner at the coffee shop and we totally believe him.

I don't understand why this place isn't packed out. The people who work there were very friendly and the patrons looked happy.

• Visited September 2013
USA
“We come for the pot roast.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love the booths and the service is always friendly. Plenty of entrees to choose from. The only drawback is finding a place to park on Franklin Street. It's a great place to unwind near UNC.

• Visited June 2013
Inverness, Florida
“Still there after all these years”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Cheese Quesadilla; flounder, slaw, french fries; turkey club sandwich and sweet potatoes fries. Outstanding!
Really surprised that after 40 years, the Carolina Coffee Shop is not only still in existence at the same location, but is serving even better food than in 1973! What a treat after 40 years.

Visited May 2013