“Must have when in Chapel Hill!”

Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 293 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch! In brief, Sunrise was established in 1978 in Louisburg, NC (actually 1977 but that is a longer story) and has been responsible for providing Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch ever since. Our biscuit recipe is based on my Grandmother's recipe. Her biscuits helped give her the stamina to give birth to 17 children and live to almost 100. Our Award-Winning Chapel Hill location is a Drive-Thru Only Restaurant for your convenience. The Louisburg location features a Drive-Thru option as well as seating. Our regular customers particularly value our great food and fast, friendly service. In addition to biscuits, we also serve hamburgers and hot dogs. Our sandwiches include barbecue, chicken salad and tuna salad (chicken and tuna salad in Chapel Hill only and made on-site). A real southern treat is our sweet tea. Come by soon! Our Chapel Hill restaurant is located at: 1305 East Franklin Street Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (919) 933-1324 Our Louisburg restaurant is located at: 208 S. Bickett Blvd. Louisburg, NC 27549 (919) 496-2609
San Francisco, California
“Must have when in Chapel Hill!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The chicken biscuit here is excellent! Yes it is very rich and filling, but unless you're from the area, chances are you won't have anything like it again so indulge :) Also had the pork chop biscuit when I came back on a different day, but I think the chicken biscuit is the way to go. Will definitely come back here when in the area.

• Visited March 2013

Madison, Alabama
“Happy morning snack.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Visiting family in Chapel Hill I remembered having a country ham biscuit here many years ago. I insisted my husband stop there for me - and he loved it. He had a pork sandwich and raved about it and I had that memorable country ham biscuit - good memories and still great.

Visited April 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Best Biscuits in Carolina!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whether you're on your morning run to work or looking for an early afternoon snack, you just can't beat the buttery fried goodness of Sunrise. It's a Chapel Hill staple of true Southern cuisine with a no-nonsense presentation. You'll get quality food with no seating area, so be prepared!

• Visited April 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Maybe Unrealistic Expectations”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Drove over from Cary on Saturday to try this place out. Based upon the reviews, I thought it would be great. Unfortunately, the food was average. I had a biscuit with egg and cheese and a cinnamon roll.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank George I
Graham, NC
“Start your morning with a cinnamon bun made from biscuit dough- the best ever”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been known to drive half an hour to be in line when Sunrise opens at 6 am.

The cinnamon buns are amazing!

My other favorite is a biscuit with sausage, egg & cheddar cheese. The sausage is not greasy & gristly like at other drive through restaurants.

Sunrise is a must if you are visiting Chapel Hill. Please note that it is take out only.

Been to Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen? Share your experiences!