“Dear god how do they do it”

Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 309 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch! In brief, Sunrise was established in 1978 in Louisburg, NC (actually 1977 but that is a longer story) and has been responsible for providing Bigger Better Biscuits for Breakfast and Lunch ever since. Our biscuit recipe is based on my Grandmother's recipe. Her biscuits helped give her the stamina to give birth to 17 children and live to almost 100. Our Award-Winning Chapel Hill location is a Drive-Thru Only Restaurant for your convenience. The Louisburg location features a Drive-Thru option as well as seating. Our regular customers particularly value our great food and fast, friendly service. In addition to biscuits, we also serve hamburgers and hot dogs. Our sandwiches include barbecue, chicken salad and tuna salad (chicken and tuna salad in Chapel Hill only and made on-site). A real southern treat is our sweet tea. Come by soon! Our Chapel Hill restaurant is located at: 1305 East Franklin Street Chapel Hill, NC 27514 (919) 933-1324 Our Louisburg restaurant is located at: 208 S. Bickett Blvd. Louisburg, NC 27549 (919) 496-2609
Reviewed January 2, 2013

best biscuits ever... everything is very good, bacon is the call here wow, speed don't walk to this drive through joint...

1  Thank Bkasrel

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I was a regular customer in high school. The only reason I felt the need to write this review is to say SERIOUSLY $20?!?! I don't know what people have been ordering here, but Sunrise has notoriously cheap food. The average price per visit is more like $5-8.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I really don't think there is anything that doesn't taste good, at this little jewel. The bisquits are ginormous and you will not be hungry for awhile. A must try. There is no formal dining in this restaraunt. You can either drive thru, or walkin.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place has an almost cultish following, with devotees lining up onto Franklin Street in their idling cars. I figured I'd check it out for myself, finally, after living here for four years. And it was 'meh.' The biscuits are pretty dang good, actually, but the cheese was processed and cold, the bacon fast-food like, and the eggs just eggs. So, no big deal. Foster's or Neal's Deli has better if you're going to go for the breakfast calorie bomb.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been told numerous times that we had to try Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, it is the best, so we picked up breakfast there one morning.
Food: Average at best. The sausage was overly salty, the biscuit was good and flaky and the eggs, just like any other fast food chain. I really could not figure out why I would eat all of these calories, fat and carb, not of it organic and still not be completely impressed.
Service: We did a drive through, they were fast efficient and very polite. I will give them high points here.
Overall, I cannot justify getting another one of these from a nutrition or taste perspective.

1  Thank Khaja