“Great place ”

Order Online
Ranked #29 of 342 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Carolina Brewery provides food and beverage in the Chapel Hill and Pittsboro, NC area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by while on a business trip. Excellent customer service from the start. Selection of beer was limited, they were out of a few but I certainly enjoyed my beer! Sorry forgot what I had. Food was good too!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (197)

Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

I advise from going to any restaurant on Franklin Street. My experience with the thus restraints on this street thus far is complacency and slowness. The only reason this restaurant was chosen was due to a group function. Normally, I give a little lead way with groups but when totally dismissed that’s a problem.

By the time I received my food, fries was cold, burger was dry with unmelted cheese. The only decent item was the sugar mojito.

Bad service doesn’t equate to free food. My recommendation unless you have an abundance of time save your time and money from coming here.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Good food but very bad service. It took just shy of an hour to get two pork and two chicken tacos on a slow Sunday night plus we didn’t get all of our order. Will never go back

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We went here as a group - so this is not a normal review. Our food was buffet style on the upper level and it was amazing! We had the chips, tempura shrimp, hush puppies, ribs, pulled pork, and salads. Everything was perfectly prepared and tasted wonderful! It was also $1 beer night - what could have been better!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I stopped by for a beer. I instead ordered a flight. They do a great job with their beers. All three IPAs were balanced well so the high hops didn’t over power the malt. Their Triple S is a very light lager that is refreshing with very low IBUs. The oatmeal porter was a pleasant surprise with a hoppy aftertaste. Very unusual but great. They did not have any of their honey brown ale that I really wanted to try. Bummer. The copper line Amber was good but did have that slight metallic aftertaste; very common with red ambers. These guys have mastered the cold haze; none of their beers have a haze. They also store their beers well. No skinniness. Excellent job on all. I wasn’t hungry when I visited but that bologna sandwich sounded interesting.

Date of visit: May 2019