“Great Tripel”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Tripel, although pricey, is fantastic. The other beers are good, and the food is okay, but that's why I return to this bar. They have a lot of tvs, so you can catch probably whatever game you need to, and the scenery is pretty cool since you can see the brewing equipment.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

They were slow to even offer a drink and wouldn't play sound for a Stanley cup playoff game. Food may be good but I've had much better service.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love going to this place for pre-game drinks. It's a great brewery to check out. Have had many lat night hangout sessions here as well. A great location on West Franklin to check out.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stopped by here for some of the beer samplers and was not disappointed.

Though every beer was not a huge winner, it's great to have samplings served at places like this where you get a great variety of beer and with a nice board explaining the merits of each one.

Oddly enough though I like dark beers, they did disappoint a little. With the highlights being the lighter beers and the ales.

We figured it would be great to stop by for the trivia night going on upstairs. While a few rounds of it were fun, it had such a strong north carolina bias that it's hard to enjoy coming from out of state. There was an entire round on famous people from North Carolina (none of which I would call famous btw) and then another one on famous lighthouses in North Carolina.

I suppose it's fun for the UNC student born and bred here, however less fun for anyone from out of town.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stopped in here for dinner during our recent trip and were very happy with the food and beer. We had ordered several appetizers and local beer as we were not terribly hungry. Both were filling and tasty. A good stop to stop in for a quick bite.

Been to Carolina Brewery? Share your experiences!