“OK”

The Pig
Ranked #36 of 303 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went quite late and they were out of several items on the menu. The BBQ was OK, but nothing special, and the sides were uniformly greasy. A disappointment.

1  Thank nebzil

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Although not all items are strictly southern to my way of thinking, this is the place I go because the pork is from small farms, raised on pasture without drugs and hormones ... yippie!
The BBQ is good and the sides all have integrity: fresh, house-made. The house pickles are very close to my grandmother's Bread-n-Butter pickles. The hushpuppies are good; but a bit gourmet for an old southerner accustomed to the heavier cornmeal batter with a bit of onion, rather than light and fluffy. Don't leave without taking home a pound of their house-made bacon.

2  Thank Anita H
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought the food was outstanding here! I loved the meat and the vegetables that I had. It is not the traditional bbq hole in the wall type place that I am used to but, the food is so good. No one would be dissapointed with their pork or brisket. The fried okra and macaroni was about the best I ever had.

3  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our daughter, the vegetarian had heard about this restaurant which she could also enjoy with us. She and our grandson had tempeh, French fries, cucumber salad and hush puppies. Guy and I enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich on a roll, with the cucumber salad, and shared a very delicious spicy potato salad. A nice selection of beers and fountain drinks were available. They do catering, and bulk amounts of meat can be purchased. Another time I would try some other of their choices.

3  Thank MartiAbell
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have dined here about three times. The barbeque and sides are excellent. The homemade fresh pickled cucumbers are unique to this business and they are delicious. The service is very good and our server was friendly and helpful. It is located in a remote area in Chapel Hill so it is relaxing to go here. I also like the rock music they play in the background. Also next door is an International variety/grocery store that is very calming and interesting to visit.

2  Thank UnbiasedTruth