“Fantastic food.”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I took my daughter there after her college orientation. It was a recommendation from a frequent diner. Our dinner was delicious. I ordered one of the specials containing rockfish, my favorite fish. I live where they are regularly caught and haven't had it that good yet. It was expertly prepared. My daughter ordered appetizers for dinner and loved everything. Service was great and the prices were what we would expect for such a great dinner. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

The service is spotty, the food mediocre, both lunch & dinner menus uninspiring -- why is this place so popular? Is it the open brickwork? Reputation? Beats me.

I'm just glad this place siphons off customers that would otherwise be going to better eateries in the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Consistently good food, usually good service, and a nice Franklin St. location. Good selection of wines, romantic setting, make reservations if it's a weekend night.

1  Thank RWAJ08
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Always crowded and noisy. It must be a very popular place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Our friends who used to live in the area recommended this restaurant and I am so glad we went! We were seated promptly in the very back room, the one that looks like an outdoor courtyard, complete with green plants and a fountain. The dill rolls were warm and tasty -- and came out before we ordered (which restaurants rarely do to induce you to order more food). Our server -- Brad M. -- was very friendly and attentive. He was more than willing to accommodate my special requests and my meal was just perfect. I had a large gorgonzola and pear salad with house smoked salmon. The dish was large, with several slices of juicy pears, walnuts, gorgonzola, and delicious dressing. The salmon -- generous in size and wonderfully fresh. It was not too salty and had a fantastic smokey flavor. My fiance had the lasagna and liked it (he wanted to try the crab pasta, but the restaurant was out). We had a satisfying meal for under $30 (before tip)!!! I could not believe it. If we lived locally, we would have ordered more food just to take some home for the next day. But we intentionally wanted to order just what we would finish in one sitting.
We loved the setting, the superb and accommodating service, the delicious, fresh food, and the very reasonable prices.
We cannot wait to come back!