“Good Italian food in a nice setting”

411 West Italian Cafe
Ranked #10 of 303 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Consistently good food, usually good service, and a nice Franklin St. location. Good selection of wines, romantic setting, make reservations if it's a weekend night.

1  Thank RWAJ08

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Always crowded and noisy. It must be a very popular place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Our friends who used to live in the area recommended this restaurant and I am so glad we went! We were seated promptly in the very back room, the one that looks like an outdoor courtyard, complete with green plants and a fountain. The dill rolls were warm and tasty -- and came out before we ordered (which restaurants rarely do to induce you to order more food). Our server -- Brad M. -- was very friendly and attentive. He was more than willing to accommodate my special requests and my meal was just perfect. I had a large gorgonzola and pear salad with house smoked salmon. The dish was large, with several slices of juicy pears, walnuts, gorgonzola, and delicious dressing. The salmon -- generous in size and wonderfully fresh. It was not too salty and had a fantastic smokey flavor. My fiance had the lasagna and liked it (he wanted to try the crab pasta, but the restaurant was out). We had a satisfying meal for under $30 (before tip)!!! I could not believe it. If we lived locally, we would have ordered more food just to take some home for the next day. But we intentionally wanted to order just what we would finish in one sitting.
We loved the setting, the superb and accommodating service, the delicious, fresh food, and the very reasonable prices.
We cannot wait to come back!

Reviewed December 11, 2008

We dined on a cool rainy Saturday evening and the restaurant was packed. While full, service did not suffer and we did not wait long for a table. We shared a small salad which turned out to be very large for 2. The server graciously agreed to substitute goat cheese for bleu cheese in the roasted pear salad. We also shared a vegetable pizza and finished by sharing a seafood pasta dish. The pizza crust was delicious and the pasta is handmade daily and also delicious.

Wine and beer selection was varied and reasonably priced. The ambience is very pleasant with warm exposed brick walls but well lit with a lively feel.

1  Thank dbrown46
Reviewed September 3, 2008

This was a nice place for a low-key dinner. The food was good (especially the mushroom and polenta appetizer), and the option of small plates is always a good one, as far as I'm concerned. I was disappointed that there was no recognition of my son's 18th birthday (even a "happy birthday" from the host would have been enough), despite the fact that I included that information in our reservation on Open Table. I would go here again, but for a casual meal.

2  Thank MaineFood