“Simple and pleasant”

411 West Italian Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
411 West Italian Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 291 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
London, United Kingdom
“Simple and pleasant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our son chose this restaurant for the first of our Graduation (Elon) Dinners this past weekend, as he had been here before. The atmosphere was cozy and nice (we sat "outside" in an enclosed courtyard) and our waitress was enthusiastic (a trainee waiter was shadowing her).
I had pasta with vegetables-totally satisfying, as I was really hungry! My son had his favourite dish (lemon seafood pasta) and my husband had the shrimp and polenta. No fireworks but clean and simple food, nicely served up!

wilmington, nc
“A Chapel Hill Favorite”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are few venues that can survive the test of time and still be new and innovative in their cuisine and design. I rarely miss an opportunity to visit 411 when I'm home and as it's owned by the same outstanding restaurateurs that founded other long standing dining institutions, including Spanky's and Squids Seafood, I always know I'm going to get the freshest ingredients and classic Italian fare that I got over 30 years ago. And it has a great bar and wine list to go with it...a must dine experience if you like true Italian.

Visited May 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible. Will never go back.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Went here for dinner with friends... It was terrible, one of the worst meals I have had in chapel hill. My husband got the chicken parmigiana and the chicken was over cooked and rubbery. I had the shrimp carbonara, and it was so bland it tasted like the chef just poured plain heavy cream on it, and the shrimp was over cooked and tough. The service was terrible as well, my friend got one of their pizzas and when she asked for a box the waiter said "no problem" and then apparently just threw it away. My husband also ordered a soda and the one time she filled his cup without him having to ask during the whole meal, she filled it with water. In sum terrible food, terrible service for a higher than average price. We love trying different places in chapel hill, but will never go back here again!

1 Thank Saramark13
Atlanta, Georgia
“Graduation Lunch Event”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I visited Volare Bistro for the second time today and was impressed with the food presented to me. The quality of the food was fresh, professionally executed, and very delicious. Dessert was amazing! I enjoyed the coconut chiffon cake. The chef makes all the desserts. This little restaurant is worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
“Nice Saturday lunch after graduation”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a reservation and were quickly escorted to our seats. My husband and I shared a Caesar salad and a Luigi pizza. Both were delicious and they nicely brought out the salad divided on two plates. Others in our party had pasta and the Italian pizza. Our server was nice and efficient. I would go back!
Room was bright and not noisy.

Visited May 2014