“Truly excellent service; some good food”

411 West Italian Cafe
Ranked #10 of 304 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went to 411 West for a New Years' Dinner with a number of friends. I can honestly say that this was some of the best service we've ever had at this popular Chapel Hill dining spot. Most of the food that our group had was very good; however, those of us whose meals included shrimp were disappointed as the shrimp were overcooked and dry. I'd definitely eat here again, but will try something other than the shrimp.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Quality food, great atmosphere, and very quick! Ask to order your entree after you get your apps if you want to better pace it! Specials are always great.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

On a recent trip to Chapel Hill, I took friends and relatives to 411 West, remembering it as a good evening choice from years past. We were not disappointed. The appetizers were terrific, especially the shrimp wrapped in proscuitto, which got raves. The portion sizes on our entrees were spot on - no one needed more than a small sized one. The only critique was from one (Italian) family member who said the bolognese sauce had a bit much sage.

My only issue with our entire evening was our seating. We were in a room with some visiting soccer-related group that was very noisy throughout the dinner. At the end, one member of the group came over and thanked us for putting up with their festivities, which made everyone in my group very happy . . . delighted with their courtesy. We wished them all well.

Finally, the service was very good, starting with the hostess. We will return.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Great downtown restaurant. Pay parking lot adjacent. Delicious rolls, fresh salads ( the grilled pear was good), and the risotto special was really flavorful! The apricot sorbet was especially yummy, light, and refreshing. I could have used a refill on my drink but I didn't ask and it wasn't done. To balance that out and more imperative to me was that we chatted a long while on a Friday night but never felt rushed along by our server. Delightful dinner!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We've been to 411 on several occasions, and this week's visit was one of our best. The tableside service was excellent...friendly and professional, and the food was very good. We ordered a fairly diverse assortment..salads, appetizers, steak entree, risotto,,,and all in our party enjoyed their meal. If there's one suggestion, it's the bar area...the young lady who first served us for pre dinner cocktails was a bit "busy" and a seemed a little disconnected. Her partner picked up the slack and service improved. That's not much of a complaint, just a side note. It can get really busy in this restaurant, so reserve early. Valet parking across the street...or parking in metered lots or municipal lots is nearby.