“Comfy place for a cup and a talk”
Review of Caffe Driade

Caffe Driade
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Tokyo, Japan
“Comfy place for a cup and a talk”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

good coffee (i am from seattle, and hate fourbucks), medium or dark. friendly. really nice environs, with seating inside or outside in the woods.

Visited December 2012

London
“Lovely, interesting space”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

One of the few places in Chapel Hill where the emphasis is on the booze and the ambience. Atmospheric place in the woods, with excellent wine list. I found it a bit weird that every other customer had a laptop and was reading/working away. But we had beer and wine and were very happy at Caffe Driade as a rainstorm passed overhead.

“Ambiance and great coffee”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Excellent barista, great coffee, and interesting outdoor setting. You have to do this place at night under the lights, especially in the backyard woods. Keeps busy, you may have to wait awhile, but it's worth it.

Arlington, VA
“Service with a smile please”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really want to like this cafe. I can walk to it and really prefer to support my local coffee shops. The atmosphere is beautiful and on a nice day you can sit outside under the trees. But the service is really is spotty. When I first moved to Chapel Hill I avoided going because I felt my elementary aged children were viewed as a nuisence but the staff. But more recently, I have had some nice friendly women serve me and my children drinks with a smile.

The other day, my husband and I recently stopped in, partly because my husband said "Fine, prove my wrong" to my insistence that the service had gotten better. Well I was not able to prove him wrong. When we walked in there was one man behind the counter who was in the middle of counting his tips. He never stopped to acknowledge us at all and then walked outside to-I don't know what- gather cups or something. I recognize he is alone has to do many tasks. But part of running a service business is making the customer happy which could have been achieved with a quick "Hey! I will be right with you." Needless to say we left.

As I said before I really want to like Cafe Driade, but it is hard to when I feel they don't want my business.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank travelingmomVA
North Carolina
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I'm sorry I waited so long to visit Dafe Driade. It is so popular locally, but I just never got around to it.

The coffee was FANTASIC! I had a latte in a nice big bowl and it was so good. My friend had a breakfast bread choice and tea, and she said it was great. Weather was good so we ate outside in the garden and enjoyed the wooded walking trail scene behind. It was like being in Europe.

If you like excellent coffee made by talented barista, and a relaxed, comfy place to chat or read, definitely stop at Cafe Driade and enjoy the flavors, scents and ambiance.

• Visited May 2012