“Simply....Wow”
Review of Talullas

Talullas
Reserve with OpenTable
Talullas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 299 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roberson Street
Description: When you walk through the shadowed glass doors of Talulla's, an instant transformation begins to occur. Your mind and body begin to relax. Your ears pick up on the eclectic mix of music. Your eyes wonder around the walls, decorated in Turkish rugs; then the ceilings, scattered with warm, unique lighting pieces; then the floors... the dark, hardwood floors; and finally, across the plush seating areas, disguised by cushions and pillows and fabric leisurely draped around the frames.
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Loved it, loved it , loved it. Not only was the food stellar but the service exceptional and the decor perfect I had the fish special which was out of the world good and perfectly prepared. Great wine selection as well... What a treat to see such care taken with ones craft!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Beautiful restaurant with homemade, authentic Turkish food. Our waiter could not have been better - very attentive but not intrusive, explained the dishes to us and then told us all about his homeland of Turkey. We had such a great time I would go out of my way to stay in the area just to eat here again!

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

It has been two plus years since we last visited the restaurant. Couldn't remember why we didn't come more since the menu is wonderful, the location is good and the ambience seems great. As this current night wore on, I was reminded many times that the service was awful and the food was mediocre. Our waiter seemed hurried to get us out even before taking our order. Never offered us wine or Checked up on the quality of the food. Seemed quite disinterested. I doubt we will go back or recommend this restaurant unless there's an attitude change.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

My son (adult, not child) and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner. I had the Sultan's Delight; he had the veggie mousakka. Pre-dinner our server brought us bread with a plate of red pepper dipping sauce. It was incredible. We finished it and then eagerly accepted her offer of more. It was so good that we ate it and then were too stuffed to finish our entree. Advice: just say no to more, no matter how tempted you are. Our server was extremely personable and attentive. My only complaint: The evening's specials were described in detail and sounded wonderful. But no price was mentioned. Why restaurants offer something without telling the price is beyond me. And surely they know customers are not happy if they have to ask. Like many people I refuse to order the special if I don't know the price no matter how good it sounds. And I should not have to ask. Not telling the price is like having a menu with no prices. Our overall experience: A-plus. Looking forward to a return visit. Hopefully we'll hear the prices of the specials.

1  Thank nnd2013
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stopped by for dinner on a Friday evening. We got a table outside to watch the locals walk by. The staff was extremely friendly. Our waiter, Tahir, was from a small town in the east of Turkey. The menu had the standard kebabs plus fresh fish, not unlike the little restaurants on the Gulf of Fethiye off the Aegean Sea. Of course they serve Efes beer and full assortment of wine. For starters, we had the fried anchovies, which were delicious and reminded me of the whitefish you get in an English pub. I had the special, char-grilled sea bream. It was a bit pricey, but worth it. The majority of the menu is very reasonable. My wife had the Adana kebab, and just like in Adana, It was spicy hot! The sides were great. We didn't save room for the desserts, but they looked authentic and delicious; maybe next time. Talullas serves a very delicious and authentic taste of Turkey. We certainly will be back!

1  Thank DocWW