“Awesome food, awesome service”
Review of Vespa - CLOSED

Vespa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Malette
Description: Looking for elegant and relaxing ambiance with artfully crafted dishes, tasty cocktails, wine, and easy parking? Vespa Ristorante can be your go-to. We're located in the heart of Chapel Hill on Franklin street and can be available for large parties. Come say hello to our owner/head chef and our friendly staff.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Although I have lived in Chapel Hill for years, I had never been to Vespa before. But a friend told me about their half-priced entree special on Wednesdays and I decided to check it out, and I'm so glad I did. The waitress never let our water glasses get low and was super attentive to anything we needed. The ceaser salad, "Ciociora" was the best one I've had on Franklin St. and the Pork Loin was phenomenal! For desert we had the tiramisu which was absolutely amazing. My experience at Vespa was one I'm looking forward to repeating and I would recommend it to everyone. I know I'm going back on Sunday for half-priced wine!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

It started badly when we were shown to a table by the window on a freezing cold night in Chapel Hill. The waitress had not been told or had forgotten that it was Triangle restaurant week. The prosciutto and fruit starter was good but the pork loin entree my wife had was simply awful. The mahi mahi I had was good but unimaginative. The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived and the waiters stood around like the salesmen in a car dealers lot waiting for hapless customers to arrive.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

While the food was quite fresh and tasty, we waited for so long (45 minutes betwn appetizer and entree) for our meal that by the time it came, no one cared. I asked the waitress to at least bring out the meals for the kids, but they were not capable of that either. Profiteroles were average; you can make better at home. Staff was friendly, but children were understandably cranky, which blemished our evening.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had the Vespa salad and the sovrana PX, a chicken dish, and I can truly say it was one of the best Italian dinners I have ever had. My wife had the fettuccine primavera and loved it--usually she finds a reason to hate a meal but not this time! Another family member who is vegan also found a very tasty dinner that was everything he was hoping for. The desserts were fantastic, but I would highly recommend the profiteroles as the best of excellent choices.
Our service was also outstanding. We received lots of attention and the server provided lots of accurate information to help us all make our choices when we were ordering.
This was a wonderful experience for the five of us. I highly recommend Vespa as a great Italian restaurant in Chapel Hill.

We arrived in time(before 6pm) for the early bird special pricing which made the value much better. We also visited Vespa during a vacation time at UNC, so there was no crowd or rush, as there normally would be when the university is in session.

We also walked to the restaurant, so avoided the parking situation. There has been a major problem with towing along Franklin Street parking areas to the point where the town of Chapel Hill has made major changes in the city ordinances concerning towing. This could be why there have been no reviews during 2013 that mention a towing problem. The earlier reviews that were so (rightfully) angry about being towed were by individuals who were NOT visiting the restaurant, BUT I, also, would not have even walked to this place or any place that was allowing towing. I do believe that the towing issue is no longer a problem for anyone visiting Vespa, but I would recommend parking in one of the city lots/decks nearby if you have a car. Walking would be even better.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I love this resturant! The food is finominal! I had the Gnocchi and it was amazing. The atmospher is friendly and inviting. I definatly reccomend dinning here!